Grange Primary is a two form entry school located on a single site in the heart of London just a short distance away from the iconic London Bridge and Tower Bridge landmarks. The school boasts an aesthetically pleasing new building to the front with modern features combined with a refurbished traditional structure to the rear which tells the rich story of Grange Primary through the years. We currently have a vacancy for the role of Headteacher which is an exciting new opportunity for an innovative professional who is dynamic, conscientious and committed to excellence.
The Governing Body is looking for a Headteacher who:
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, motivate and inspire all of our children and colleagues.
- Will continue to raise aspirations, standards and achievements for all our children.
- To secure high quality teaching and learning and so work towards an outstanding judgement at the next full Ofsted inspection.
- Has proven leadership skills and is a strategic thinker, with a vision to introduce new ideas along with the ability to identify and sustain long term improvement.
- Is committed to the further development of the partnership with the local authority, parents, and the wider community.
- To respond to the changing demography of the local area.
In return we offer:
- Well behaved, positive and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn.
- Professional dedicated teaching and support staff who are willing to undertake continuous professional development.
- A supportive Governing Body that possesses a clear vision for the future of the school.
- A close working relationship with parents and partner schools.
- An exciting opportunity to make a real difference.
Grange Primary is a typical inner city school in Southwark, London with good transport links across the capital.
We are looking for an inspirational leader who will love the children and lead the staff to excel. We are keen to appoint a leader who will ensure that Grange will continue to provide a broad curriculum. Your drive and vision will help us to continue to maximise the development and achievements of all our children, as well as contributing to our local communities. You will be warmly welcomed by our enthusiastic children who are proud of their school and their achievements, our committed and motivated staff, engaged parents and a supportive Governing Body.
We welcome your interest. Circumstances permitting, visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Kim Edwards, School Business Manager either by email to email@example.com, or by telephone to the school on 020 7771 6121.
Applications for the post should only be made using our application form included in the documents attached to this advertisement.
Postal applications to be addressed to:
The Chair of Governors,
c/o Mrs Kim Edwards, School Business Manager,
Grange Primary School, Webb Street, London, SE1 4RP
If you wish to submit by email, please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Noon, Friday 12 March 2021
Shortlisting: Week beginning Monday 15 March 2021
Formal Interviews: Week beginning Monday 22 March 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of all our pupils and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and all appointments are subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS clearance, satisfactory references and verification of identity and qualifications.
Grange Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years
Situated in Bermondsey, in the northern part of Southwark, close to the River Thames at Tower Bridge, Grange Primary School is near a number of places of interest including the Globe Theatre, the Tate Gallery, the Unicorn Theatre and numerous riversi...