The child grew and became strong in body, mind and spirit
Due to the forthcoming retirement of our current Headteacher, the Governors of St Peter’s C of E Primary School are seeking to appoint an inspirational, forward-thinking and motivated leader who will lead and build upon the Christian ethos of the school, and continue to work closely with the church and wider community and support us in our ambition to remain an outstanding Christian school.
We are seeking a leader who:
- cares for all children and adults in our school community
- is inspirational, progressive and forward thinking
- has the ability to set high standards and aspirational targets
- has drive, energy, passion and ambition
- will promote excellent and highly effective teaching practice throughout the school
- will provide supportive leadership; engage, motivate, challenge and work collaboratively with all our staff
- has accomplished interpersonal and communication skills
- has robust monitoring and evaluation skills, enabling the formulation of well-focussed development plans
In return, we are proud to offer you:
- an exciting opportunity to lead and further develop our successful school.
- enthusiastic, well behaved and welcoming children who are keen to learn and achieve to high standards.
- a team of staff dedicated to providing the very best opportunities for our children.
- a supportive, committed and challenging Governing Body who care about the well-being of the Headteacher.
- a Christian ethos integral to school life.
Visits to school are warmly welcomed at 10am on Monday 30th April or at 4pm on Tuesday 1st May. Please telephone the school office on 01744 678630 to make an appointment.
Application packs are available from www.sthelens.gov.uk or alternatively by contacting Human Resources.
Please return completed application forms direct to the school.
Closing date: Midnight on Monday 7th May 2018
Short listing: Thursday 10th May 2018
Interviews: Monday 21st May and Wednesday 23rd May
The post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulation and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether there are disqualified under these regulations.
St Peter’s Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Enhanced checks through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be required for this post.