STAFFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
Children & Lifelong Learning
Location: Bridge Short Stay School, Wissage Road, Lichfield, Staffordshire WS13 6SW
Telephone: 01543 255872
We are currently seeking a dynamic Headteacher at this successful and rapidly developing PRU. The existing Headteacher is retiring following eight years at the school. The PRU caters for students from Key Stages 1 to 4 who have been permanently excluded from school, students with medical conditions including anxiety and it also offers short programmes for students who are presenting challenging behaviour in their mainstream settings. From December 2016, a project was developed to support the needs of primary students and from September 2017 these students have been taken on roll. The aim is a rapid turnaround where possible to enable them to continue their education in a mainstream setting or to apply for an EHCP to access specialist provision. Applicants will require excellent skills in behaviour management and the ability to support a broad based curriculum at all Key Stages.
Successful applicants will be expected to teach across a range of subject areas and have a commitment to raising the self esteem and achievement levels of disaffected students. A flexible approach is essential as is the desire to make a difference to the outcomes for vulnerable young people. We would welcome applications from candidates with mainstream or special experience.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an inspiring leader with a successful track record of work with pupils with social, emotional and mental health needs.
- Has proven teaching excellence with a commitment to high standards.
- Has the ability to lead, manage and inspire adults and children.
- Has excellent communication skills, resilience and a sense of humour.
- Has energy, enthusiasm and a commitment to team working and supporting colleagues.
- An empathetic communicator, who leads by example and builds positive relationships with students, parents/carers., staff and all other stakeholders.
Prospective applicants are welcome to make an appointment to visit. Please contact the Headteacher, Mrs. Sue Kulas for further information. Visits may be made on Tuesday 10th October from 3.30 pm until 5 pm, please call the office on 01543 255872 to make an appointment.
This position is subject to enhanced DBS clearance.
For an application pack, please ring Lynnette Abell on 01543 255872 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 13th October 2017.
Interview dates: Tuesday 17th, Wednesday 18th October 2017.