Within the newly formed Dales Academies Trust, All Saints is an ‘Outstanding (Ofsted 2015, SIAMS 2014) 11-16 Church of England Academy with close to 730 pupils; it is located in Ingleby Barwick in the Borough of Stockton-on-Tees within historic North Yorkshire.
With the shared involvement of every individual, we aspire to be a confident, outward-looking Christian community in which every member:
- enjoys creative, dynamic and reflective learning
- is supported, challenged and equipped for the future
- values and takes responsibility for themselves and others
- relies on and builds supportive and lasting relationships
Our Christian tradition and values, as expressed through hope, forgiveness, respect and loving care, is made real in our daily life; the five key outcomes of ‘Every Child Matters’ and the Five Marks of Mission remain at the heart of everything we do.
The establishment of the Trust, expansion of the school, development of a leisure centre on its site and maintenance of the highest standards of education, are the key features of a ‘gear shift’ in the history of the academy; the Trust Board is seeking to appoint a proven leader to take on the challenges and opportunities that this presents.
The leader appointed by the Trust Board will be:
- a committed Christian, who is an active member of a church belonging to Churches Together in Britain and Ireland or the Evangelical Alliance.
- a proven, dynamic leader who can inspire, support and develop the talents of pupils and staff within a vibrant community of learners.
- relentless in their pursuit of the best outcomes for all.
- adept in balancing appropriately the operational and strategic demands of the role.
- experienced in, and committed to, developing and nurturing collaborative partnerships both within the local community and across the wider Trust area.
- committed to the principles of appropriate accountability seen as a framework in which to achieve excellence for all.
- consistently modelling the behaviour expected from staff and pupils.
- passionate in developing a learning experience that genuinely meets the needs of all learners.
- ‘scanning the horizon’ to ensure the curriculum and learning experiences on offer ensures pupils are best prepared for Post 16 education in whatever form it may take.
- a team builder and effective communicator.
- a lifelong learner.
The academy / Trust can offer:
- a working environment with a strong sense of community and moral purpose.
- hard working pupils.
- a dedicated staff, committed to achieving the best outcomes for their pupils, through high quality pastoral care and Teaching & Learning.
- a supportive Governing body.
- a wide range of professional development opportunities, within the school’s context and the wider Trust.
- unlimited support for school leaders in their pursuit of excellence.
The skill set we have laid out is both extensive and diverse. Impact in your current role is important but so is your educational vision and philosophy. If you feel you have the right combination of experience and vision, we would be very interested to hear from you.
The successful post holder will be accountable to the CEO of Dales Academy Trust and Chair of the LGB.
Interested candidates can request an application pack by contacting Trudy Walker, Education Support Officer via email: email@example.com. Visits to the academy are welcome but by appointment only, please telephone 01274 909035 to arrange a mutual appointment.
Closing date: 14th March 2018, 12noon
Shortlisting: 16th March 2018
Interviews to be held on 27th and 28th March 2018
All Saints CofE Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. If you are successful in being appointed, the Trust will be your employer.