Roecroft Lower School is a large lower school providing high quality education to the community of Stotfold. This excellent opportunity has arisen due to our current Headteacher’s decision to retire at the end of the summer term.
We are therefore, seeking to employ an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to develop our vision, and lead, nurture and inspire our children and staff to continually improve.
Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted since 2008, we are a friendly, supportive and high achieving school, promoting traditional values alongside our modern ethos of ‘Together creating a better future for our children’.
We relocated to an amazing new building on the southern edge of the town in 2011, with first-rate modern facilities, with subsequent extension to support a move from two to the current three form entry.
Roecroft Lower School values diversity, and is committed to promoting equality and harmony.
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional, forward-thinking person who has the skills and ambition to take overall responsibility for the leadership, care, education and success of Roecroft Lower School, and who believes in the importance of a values-led curriculum. The main priorities are to:
- Provide strategic vision and leadership to ensure a culture of excellence.
- Ensure all children have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
- Protect and safeguard all children, and be responsible for the health and safety of everyone on the school premises.
- Control costs with a ‘Best Value’ approach to maintain a healthy school budget.
You will be supported by a strong leadership team, enthusiastic and talented teachers and LSAs, in addition to efficient administration staff, alongside a committed and well balanced governing body.
We would welcome applications from experienced Headteachers or senior leaders with a proven record of success, and who will build on the many strengths of the school and drive our vision. The whole school community is looking forward to welcoming a Headteacher who will:
- Be inspirational, leading by example and with integrity to build strong relationships and enthuse the whole school community in all aspects of school life;
- Be an enthusiastic and highly motivated practitioner who understands how children learn and can support others to deliver excellent teaching through modelling and coaching;
- Put our children at the heart of all they do with a genuine desire to motivate everyone to succeed and develop a love of learning;
- Be committed to their own and others’ professional development; and
- Have demonstrable experience across the primary age-range.
N.B.: Roecroft Lower School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child and/or vulnerable adults protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Closing date for applications: Thursday 24th May 2018, 5pm Shortlisting will take place on 4th June 2018.
Interview dates: 12th and/or 13th June 2018
Link to the application pack and application form