St. Alban's Catholic High School is a living, worshipping community and our Mission Statement is founded on the three tenets of 'Learning, Respecting and Caring'. We strive to provide an excellent education for our pupils and aim to inspire everyone with the strength and purpose to begin the journey of learning for life and to prepare our pupils to lead by their example in the modern world.
The school is over-subscribed and enjoys good facilities, with a strong reputation locally.
The outcome of a recent Ofsted inspection was that the school 'Requires Improvement'. We are looking to appoint a Headteacher who will share our values and would be able to move the school forward.
- be a practising Catholic, with a clear vision and understanding of Catholic education*
- have the personality and drive to inspire pupils and staff
- have the ability to properly engage parents in their child's education
- be passionate about teaching and learning
- be able to promote, inspire and demonstrate the highest possible outcome in teaching and learning for our pupils, whatever their ability
- be a proven leader able to demonstrate a record of successful leadership
- be a strategic thinker with the ability to formulate medium to longterm planning, driving the direction of the school
- be an inspirational leader with vision and the ability to motivate staff, pupils, Governors and parents
- be willing to promote the Catholic ethos and values of the school, recognising its relationship with the Parishes and within the Diocese
- be an effective, all round communicator able to build links with our feeder schools and the wider community.
Schedule 9, Part 1 of the Equality Act 2010 applies.
Roll: 984 (including sixth form 152) 11-18
Further details and an application form can be found on the school's website: www.st-albans.suffolk.sch.uk
Applications should be submitted electronically to Kim Abson, Head's PA, at: email@example.com
Closing date: 10am, 27 November 2017.
Interview date: 11/12 December 2017.
All vacancies appear on: www.suffolkjobsdirect.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.