- New school
- New build
- 11-16 Academy within a successful MAT
- Dedicated teachers and staff
- Choice location
To be accomplished:
We are seeking an ambitious headteacher to take this new school to 'Outstanding'. We want someone with a strong focus on teaching and learning to continue the journey for a growing school which values every student, has recruited superb hand-picked teaching staff, and works closely with parents.
Sybil Andrews Academy opened in 2016, is situated on the eastern edge of Bury St Edmunds where a new housing development has driven the need for a new school. The school is already oversubscribed and expanding and will continue to grow to around will continue to grow to 900 pupils in the next few years.
Sybil Andrews Academy is part of the Samuel Ward Academies Trust which values the skills and autonomy of its leaders, works supportively with its schools and achieves excellent outcomes. You will have the support of an established senior leadership team and a community ethos based on strong values, personal responsibility and a coaching, consultative culture. You will drive the completion of the school buildings and take the first full Year 11 through to GCSE and, at some point, our first inspection.
We are seeking:
- someone with the talent, proven skills, and clear vision to continue what has been already achieved and take the school to the next level.
Our school is a small, tight-knit community, with approximately 430 pupils at present, all of whom are in Years 7 - 10.
Ultimately, the school will grow to around 1,500 and include pupils in the age range 11 - 16. Within the Samuel Ward Academy Trust there are 16 primaries as well as 5 secondary schools (shortly to become 6) and a special school, all linked closely geographically and with common core values and aims.
Collaboration, educational research and professional development are at the core of how our schools work together. With newly acquired Research School status, the Trust is well placed to provide, great opportunities to develop Sybil Andrews as a leading school and to develop yourself as an outstanding leader.
- have recent successful experience at Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher level
- put the safety, wellbeing and development of every child at the core of every decision taken
- be able to inspire and lead by example with enthusiasm and creativity
- be highly aspirational, forward thinking and an outstanding communicator
- be able to evidence sustained school improvement and be committed to raising standards
- be a highly effective practitioner in your own right, confident and effective in leading on the use of monitoring and assessment data to drive further improvement in pupil outcomes
- committed to empowering and challenging children and staff to fulfil their potential, including through the provision of high quality professional development.
We can offer you:
- engaged, creative and welcoming learners who take pride in their school
- an inclusive and collaborative approach
- a talented, highly motivated, committed and friendly team of colleagues, passionate about improving outcomes for our pupils
- an engaged and supportive Governing Body and Trust
- partnerships with local schools to enhance and develop further the learning opportunities for all children within the locality.
Visits are highly encouraged, to arrange please contact Cathy Dawson, School Office Manager. T: (01284) 413400. E:email@example.com
If you would like further information about the Trust and a conversation in confidence, please contact Rosemary Prince, Director of Secondary Education for the Trust: T: (01440) 333400. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms are available from Kay Maddox-Daines: email@example.com
Closing date: midday, 26 March 2018.
Interview date: 23 / 24 April 2018.
All vacancies appear on: www.suffolkjobsdirect.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.