£55,600 - £64,417*
Required from September 2018.
The governors and Samuel Ward Academy Trust are seeking to appoint a collaborative, motivated and inspirational leader for Abbots Green Academy.
The school will join the trust on 1 April 2018.
Abbots Green offers education for children aged 3 - 11 and is situated on the north-east side of Bury St Edmunds, within minutes of access to the A14.
Abbots Green has been open for 12 years and benefits from being a modern and spacious facility in a great location. Since it opened, the school has continued to grow and currently has 453 (including nursery) on roll.
The position offers an opportunity to take a school rated as 'Good' on its journey to 'Outstanding'. With the strong support and many opportunities offered by a well-regarded trust, the school has the potential to be a leading school within the trust with the right leadership.
Within the trust there are 15 primaries from April 2018, as well as 6 secondary schools and a special school, all linked closely geographically and with common core values and aims. Collaboration, educational research and professional development are at the core of how our schools work together. With newly acquired Research School status, the trust is well placed to provide you with great opportunities to develop Abbots Green as a leading school and to develop yourself as an outstanding leader.
- have proven recent experience of primary Headship
- be able to evidence sustained school improvement and be effective in leading on the use of monitoring and assessment data to drive pupil outcomes
- be a highly aspirational, forward thinking leader ready to embrace the opportunities that will arise as the school develops and grows
- be committed to empowering and challenging children and staff to fulfil their potential
- be a proven leader who leads by example with enthusiasm and creativity and can manage change
- be a highly effective practitioner in your own right.
We can offer you:
- delightful, enthusiastic children who take pride in their school
- experienced staff working in a fantastic setting
- excellent personal development opportunities through many established trust networks
- an engaged and supportive governing body and trust.
*with potential enhancement for an exceptional candidate.
Visits are highly encouraged. If you would like to arrange a visit to see the school, please contact Darren Woodward, Director of Primary Education on (01440) 333400 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms are available from Lisa Taylor via email: email@example.com
Alternatively, the application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Please return your completed application to Kay Maddox, Director of HR via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: midday, 20 April 2018.
Interview date: 26 April 2018.
All vacancies appear on: www.suffolkjobsdirect.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.