The governors and Samuel Ward Academy Trust are seeking to appoint an experienced, engaging and inspirational Headteacher.
Burton End Primary Academy offers education for children ages 3 - 11 years in the west of Haverhill town.
The Academy offers a wide range of learning spaces and extensive resources. This role offers an exciting opportunity to take a school rated as 'Good' on its journey to 'Outstanding'. With the strong support and many opportunities offered by a well-regarded Trust, the school has a bright future under the right leadership.
There are currently10 primaries in the Trust and that will shortly grow to 13, together with 5 secondary schools and a special school, all closely linked both geographically and with shared core values and aims.
Collaboration, educational research and professional development shape the way our schools work together. With newly acquired 'Research School' status, the Trust will provide terrific opportunities for the right candidate to develop Burton End as a leading school and develop themselves as an outstanding leader.
- have recent experience of primary headship
- be able to evidence sustained school improvement
- demonstrate your success in engaging parents as partners in the education of their children, including those harder to reach
- be adept at challenging educational under-achievement and inspiring children to reach their full potential
- be successful in delivering timely, accurate and comprehensive information to governors.
We offer you:
- engaged, creative and welcoming learners who take pride in their school
- an inclusive and collaborative approach
- a talented, highly motivated, committed and friendly team of colleagues, passionate about improving outcomes for our pupils
- an engaged and supportive governing body and Trust
- partnerships with local schools to enhance and develop further the learning opportunities for all children within the locality.
- potential enhancement for an exceptional candidate.
Roll: 400 + Nursery
If you would like further information, a confidential conversation, or to arrange a school visit, please contact Sam Gallacher, Interim Executive Headteacher. Tel: (01440) 702376. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application forms are available from Joy Griffiths, Trust HR Director. Email: email@example.com.
Closing date: midday, 21 June 2017.
Interviews: 28 / 29 June 2017.
All vacancies appear on: www.suffolkjobsdirect.org.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.