Required from January 2018 (or later by agreement). The Samuel Ward Academy Trust and Local Governing Body seek an outstanding Headteacher for Samuel Ward Academy, the founder school of the Samuel Ward Academy Trust.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a school within one of the most well-regarded trusts in the eastern region. The school has a great history of success and a bright and exciting future and we are looking for an ambitious and inspirational leader to steer it through the next stage of its development.
Collaboration, educational research and professional development are at the core of how the schools within Samuel Ward Academy Trust work together. With newly acquired Research School status, the trust is well placed to provide great opportunities, both to promote Samuel Ward Academy as a leading school and you will be given effective support to develop you personally as an outstanding leader.
- have recent experience of successful leadership
- be able to evidence a key contribution to sustained school improvement
- demonstrate experience of inspirational team leadership and development
- know how to actively engage parents as partners in the education of their children, including those harder to reach
- be adept at challenging educational under-achievement and inspiring children to reach their full potential
- be organised and able to deliver timely, accurate and comprehensive information to governors.
The Trust offers:
- an engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school
- an inclusive and collaborative approach
- a talented, highly motivated, committed and friendly team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust
- an actively supportive governing body and trust leadership
- partnerships with local schools, sharing resources and best practice to enhance and develop further the learning opportunities for all children within the locality.
If you would like further information, a confidential conversation or to arrange a school visit, please contact Tim Coulson, Chief Executive of the Trust by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 07388 949917. Application packs are available from Joy Griffiths, Trust HR Director, email: email@example.com
Closing date: 25 September 2017.
Interview date: 28 / 29 September 2017.
All vacancies appear on: www.suffolkjobsdirect.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.
SAMUEL WARD ACADEMY