The Bridge Special School is a successful school educating children and young people between the ages of 3 - 19 who have a wide range of communication, physical, and profound and multiple learning difficulties. Many of the pupils are on the Autistic Spectrum. The school serves a catchment area that covers Ipswich and surrounding areas of Suffolk. The whole school is based on one campus, with the nursery and primary building being constructed and opened in 2015.
The post-16 provision is in its second year of operation having opened in September 2016.
The school has good links with the local community, and also provides extended services for its pupils in the form of an After School and Holiday Club.
The school had its last Ofsted inspection in 2015. It was judged as a 'Good' school, demonstrating: "Good leadership and management, including effective support from governors, have provided well-targeted training for teachers that benefits pupils", and that "pupils make good progress in English (communication) and mathematics. Assessments are used successfully to improve individual achievement".
The governors are looking for applications from candidates with:
- expertise and experience in teaching children with SLD, PMLD and ASD
- proven leadership and management skills, including strong financial management
- a commitment to delivering continuous improvement in all aspects of school life
- an ability to analyse and evaluate data to ensure that pupils are achieving their best
- dedication, innovation and imagination so as to extend the many outstanding strengths of the school and engage in future educational opportunities.
We can offer you:
- a large and expanding provision
- dedicated and hardworking staff
- a committed governing body
- engaged and supportive parents
- a strong commitment to your professional development.
Please visit our website www.thebridgeschool.org.uk
If you have these qualities and would welcome the challenge of leading The Bridge School we would like to hear from you.
Visits to the school are actively encouraged, we look forward to welcoming you. Please contact Alice Cubbin, Business Manager on (01473) 556200 to arrange.
For an application pack, please contact Headteacher Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org or (01473) 263943.
Closing date: 6 November 2017.
Interviews: 21 / 22 November 2017.
All vacancies appear on: www.suffolkjobsdirect.org
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.
THE BRIDGE SPECIAL SCHOOL