Sunbury Manor is a highly inclusive, mixed 11-16 standalone academy located in an attractive, accessible site just off the M3 in North East Surrey.
We currently have 1179 students aged 11-16.
We need an exceptional and dynamic leader, with the passion, energy, and commitment to take over from the Headteacher who is retiring after being in post for 20 years.
Can you take the school forward into its next exciting phase of development? Following disruption to education caused by Covid-19 we want to take stock and consider our strategic aims and vision, whilst building on past success.
Ofsted inspected (Section 8 October 2019) judged the school as continuing to be Good. The Lead HMI described Sunbury Manor as: “a happy and welcoming school.” “Pupils, parents and staff agree it feels like belonging to an extended family.”
We need a Headteacher who can subscribe to our values, maintain the family feel whilst leading the school forward to even greater success.
What we can offer you:
- The key leadership role in a forward thinking, extremely popular, successful and inclusive school.
- The support of a dedicated, skilful, strong Leadership Team of six highly experienced professionals.
- A strong, committed Governing Body that is supportive but also provides robust challenge when necessary.
- The opportunity to work with a loyal, experienced and committed staff who have the knowledge, passion and integrity to ensure the highest standards of teaching and learning.
- The opportunity to further our ambition that all pupils aspire to and achieve the highest possible success they can.
- Constructive partnerships with other secondary, primary schools and post 16 institutions, where good practice is shared.
- An attractive working environment and spacious site which has been improved with an extensive building programme, including a new teaching block with an attractive dining hall and kitchen, refurbished science labs and work currently underway to provide improved facilities for students with special needs.
We need a Headteacher who possesses:
- Total commitment to maintaining the inclusive nature of the school
- An innate ability to lead, motivate, support, challenge and inspire colleagues, parents, pupils and stakeholders
- An infectious passion for ensuring all pupils receive a high-quality educational experience and reach their full potential
- Vision, energy, commitment and resilience to drive the school forward
- A proven track record of managing change to improve academic standards
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- The highest level of personal and professional standards
- Personal warmth and humour coupled with ambition, confidence and flexibility
We would encourage you to apply if you are willing to invest your heart in our school.
For more information please visit our website at: www.sunburymanor.surrey.sch.uk
If you have any questions before applying or would like a copy of the recruitment pack please contact Lisa Cannon, HR Manager via email Recruitment@sunburymanor.surrey.sch.uk
Please contact Jo Barrett the Headteacher’s PA on 01932-766043 or email Jbarrett@sunburymanor.surrey.sch.uk to arrange an informal telephone call with the Headteacher so you can discuss what the school is like in normal times, or if restrictions permit it, arrange a pre-application visit
Closing date: 10 am on Monday 1st March 2021
It is planned that the Interview and Assessment process will take place at the school on the 22nd March in the afternoon and all day on 23rd and 24th March 2021 (these dates have been amended following government announcement)
We do not accept, nor will we be bound by, any unsolicited applications from agencies - such applications will be deleted and CVs will not be considered.
Sunbury Manor School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, and evidence of qualifications will be required.
Sunbury Manor School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Sunbury Manor School, based on the former site of Sunbury County Grammar School, is a secondary academy school in Sunbury-on-Thames, Middlesex. It caters for both boys and girls aged 11-16.
Sunbury Manor School is part of the Eco-Schools project, a p...