Applications are invited for the role of Headteacher at Westbourne Primary School
Westbourne; An Outstanding Academy School: a friendly, caring, family community striving for excellence – committed to achievement and sharing in the success of each individual.
The Trustees, staff and pupils are seeking to appoint a dynamic, passionate and committed individual who is a serving Headteacher or has strong senior leadership experience to be the Headteacher of Westbourne Primary School from 1st September 2018.
At present Westbourne Primary School is the single member of a Multi Academy Trust (Westbourne Academy Trust).
We are proud to have been judged ‘Outstanding’ in our last three OFSTED inspections and have high expectations of our staff, pupils and trustees. We are committed to maintaining these high standards and expectations, whilst continuing to nurture the friendly, caring and committed atmosphere that has been central to Westbourne’s success.
Our vision is to enable all children to achieve their full potential in a safe, welcoming and happy learning environment. We strive to create responsible citizens who are independent and confident lifelong learners equipped to meet the challenges of a changing future.
To meet the needs of the local community Westbourne is expanding from two to three forms of entry. This will have been achieved for KS1/EYFS by September 2018.
As a popular and expanding school we are seeking to appoint an inspirational and visionary Headteacher who will lead the school and support the Trust through its next period of opportunity, growth and development.
Our staff and trustees want a Head Teacher who:
- is an inspirational leader with a track record of improving outcomes for children;
- has a demonstrable commitment to excellence and continues to build on Westbourne’s successes;
- is approachable and values, encourages and nurtures the development of all school staff;
- has empathy with the staff and helps them to strike a good work/life balance;
- leads by example and goes the ‘extra mile’ for the staff and children;
- exhibits and encourages best practice in the classroom;
- believes in providing a rounded education of pupils through sport the arts and other activities;
- brings in their own experience to take the school from strength to strength;
- has high expectations of themselves and others and leads the school’s professional learning community with enthusiasm;
- fosters close links between home, school and the local community and has a genuinely inclusive approach.
Westbourne is in group 4 for outer London schools with a pay range for the Headteacher of points L20 – L27.
We encourage prospective candidates to visit the school. Please telephone Mrs Diane Slack (School Business Manager) at Westbourne Primary School on 020 8644 8453 to agree a mutually convenient time, noting that the school will be closed during the Easter Holiday 30th March 2018 to 13th April 2018.
Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the school for the attention of the Chair of Trustees, Mr Bernie Higgins.
Closing date: 17.00 hrs on Tuesday 17th April 2018
Short listing: Wednesday 18th April 2018
Shortlisted candidates will be notified on Thursday 19th April 2018
Interview date: Wednesday 25th April 2018
Westbourne Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and there is an expectation of all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a successful Disclosure & Barring check and satisfactory references