Horizon Primary Academy’s aim is to actively engage and support its students in their personal and academic development, empowering them to be fulfilled and make a positive contribution to society.
We are a community school that delivers consistently high quality teaching and learning, while delivering attainment outcomes above national for the last three years.
Our emphasis is on developing ‘the whole child’ and our Academy is leading the way in character education by implementing Scouting as part of our curriculum. We are now a flagship school for scouting and this is an integral part of our curriculum and ethos.
Students are well behaved and all visitors comment on the calm and relaxed atmosphere in the school. ‘Children love learning and teachers love teaching’.
If you have the vision, energy, leadership ability and management skills to take this school forward, please view the full application pack at: http://www.tkat.org/79/vacancies
If you are an experienced school leader such as a Deputy or Assistant Headteacher, and you are looking for an opportunity to take your next career step into Headship, then this role would provide you with an opportunity to take that step within a supportive and nurturing organisation.
· Leading on implementing Scouting across the school
· Acting as Designated Safeguarding Lead
· To lead on matters of pupil attendance
TKAT is one of the largest Multi-Academy Trusts in the South of England with over 40 Primary and Secondary Academies in the TKAT Family.
Our ultimate aim is to ensure we drive educational standards by providing outstanding teaching, leadership and learning for all. Our students are at the heart of everything we do and we strive to inspire learners and change lives as a result our exceptional educational provision.
Why work with TKAT?
Join the TKAT family and you will have:
· The freedom to shape your school: We believe every academy needs its own individual identity. So unlike other MATs, our Headteachers genuinely have the freedom to shape their school. That’s the only way to truly meet the needs of a community; being there every day means you will know it better than anyone else.
· A support network second-to-none: We passionately believe in the power of collaborative working and actively promote school-to-school support. This includes accessing support from our strong Teaching School Alliance who offer a range of high quality professional development opportunities for staff at all levels. In this role, you’ll also have the support of an Executive Head, regional directors, not to mention the strength of the wider TKAT group.
· Boundless opportunities for career progression: When you deliver and achieve, you’ll be rewarded for your success – and that could be from leading multiple schools, to additional responsibilities that will impact across TKAT, through to Directorships. If you’re ambitious, we’ll help you succeed.
· A great social culture: We know how to enjoy ourselves. Conferences, summer parties, and our inter-school TKAT Games every year give you the chance to let your hair down with colleagues and know that your hard work is appreciated.
· TKAT Benefits
We have a fantastic range of benefits available for you to enjoy here at TKAT. These include our attractive Teachers’ Pension Scheme, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and our Wider Wallet discounts from some of your favourite high street stores.
To apply, please download and complete an application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 18th February 2018.
For an informal discussion and tour of the school, please contact Matthew Jones, Deputy Headteacher, at email@example.com.
Interviews are expected to be held on Tuesday 13th March 2018.