We are looking for an energetic, passionate leader to be the new Headteacher of Swavesey Village College (SVC) from September 2018. This is an ideal opportunity for those looking for a first Headship position. In collaboration with the Executive Principal, you will encourage an infectious and confident culture of achievement that promotes excellence, inclusion and high expectations.
SVC is a fantastic place to teach, lead and develop personally.
We are an outstanding, oversubscribed 11-16 non-selective school with a long track record of delivering successful outcomes for students and an inspiring curriculum which help develop young people.
As part of the growing Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust (CMAT), Swavesey won the bid to promote a new secondary school in Northstowe, a new local town within the catchment area of SVC. The successful candidate will be a key part of the team that will develop the SVC/Northstowe partnership.
Swavesey and CMAT can offer you:
· motivated staff and students in an oversubscribed, popular school with a strong community presence
· a post that will grow with you with the potential for future progression both within this role and in the wider trust
· working with a dynamic Executive Principal and an experienced, supportive College Management Team
· the support of the wider trust network of experts and access to informal and formal professional development
· a successful Teaching School (CTSN www.camteach.org.uk) with a strong track record of staff development, ITTs and supporting other schools
· Attractive semi-rural location close to Cambridge and St Ives
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the DBS.
We welcome visits from candidates. If you wish to do so please contact Claire Newman Personnel Administrator email@example.com 01954 234461
For further information or to apply please visit the school website http://www.swaveseyvc.co.uk/page/?title=Work+For+Us&pid=303
The closing date for applications is 9.00am on Monday 22nd January 2018.
We will be unable to accept applications submitted after this time.
Shortlisting will be 24 January.
Interviews will be held on 31 January and 1 February 2018.