Liden Primary and Nursery School is located in Swindon, Wiltshire just off of the M4. The school is set in 13 acres of grounds, with areas including mature woodland, providing foundations for all types of learning activities.
The school is all about happy, hardworking children having fun trying to reach their own personal best achievements in all areas of school life. Liden Primary is a Local Authority maintained school with 334 primary school pupils and 68 nursery/pre-school children on role ranging from two to eleven year olds.
We are seeking to appoint an inspiring, enthusiastic and forward thinking Headteacher with ambition and drive to lead our school community to continue our learning journey. They must have an excellent track record in leadership, vision and strategic planning to further improve and develop the future of the school which was given a "Good" rating by Ofsted in January 2015. The successful candidate will:
• Be enthusiastic, highly motivated and have a track record of raising standards.
• Be committed to a productive learning environment which is engaging and fulfilling for children.
• Have an understanding that at the primary stage of learning it is most effective when it is enjoyable and exciting.
• Be able to demonstrate a drive and energy to enthuse and inspire staff and children. • Have a clear vision for continuous improvement and can build on the school’s strengths and successes.
• Motivate, challenge and coach the school workforce so that they constantly improve and raise standards.
• Work well in partnership with all key stakeholders (eg Local Authority, School Governors, Parents, Pupils, and the wider community).
We can offer:
• Children who are enthusiastic, talented and happy – with a love of learning
• An established network with other schools and partnership working.
• A hardworking, committed and dedicated workforce.
• A well- resourced learning environment.
We encourage and welcome you to visit our friendly school to see our children at work. For further information about this role or to arrange a visit to the school please contact Donna Royal on 01793 531025 and for more information on the school, please visit www.liden-pri.swindon.sch.uk.
Closing Date: Tuesday 6 December 2016 Shortlisting:
Wednesday 7 December 2016
Interview Dates: Monday 12 and Tuesday 13 December 2016
Applications should be made online - please use the application link to this advertisement, the school website or send for application pack to email@example.com. CV’s will not be accepted.
Liden Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to pre -employment checks including satisfactory references, enhanced DBS, medical clearances and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.