We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and dynamic Headteacher to lead Ercall Wood Academy from September 2020.
The academy (part of the Learning Community Trust) needs an ambitious leader who can move the school forwards from its current grading of Requires Improvement to a strong, good school. The academy has considerable capacity to improve quickly under new leadership and the successful candidate will have the benefit of significant support from the Trust.
The academy is part of the Learning Community Trust, which is a Multi-Academy Trust based in Telford, Shropshire which currently has six schools. The Trust was established in 2017 and is led by the CEO, Dr. Gill Eatough, who has over 20 years of experience in Headship. The Trust is committed to school improvement and collaboration to ensure we provide the best possible education for our young people.
Ercall Wood Academy is an 11-16 comprehensive of 900 students and occupies a superb modern building on an attractive site close to the “Wrekin”, a local landmark in Shropshire. The new building was constructed under the Building Schools for the Future programme (BSF) and has outstanding accommodation in all areas of the curriculum.
Ercall Wood Academy is popular with parents and will be full in all year groups in September. It is fully staffed in terms of teaching and support staff. Ercall Wood Academy has a wide intake of children across the ability range as well as an above average number of students on EHCP due to the excellent reputation it has for supporting children with additional needs in the area.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Is charismatic and has high levels of energy, enthusiasm and resilience
- Has excellent leadership experience at senior level either as a Deputy or Headteacher
- Has a proven track record of high expectations, raising standards and driving outcomes
- Understands the importance of a broad, rich and appropriate curriculum
- Has a clear focus on Teaching and Learning
- Is committed to working within the Trust and with all our school leaders
- Sets the highest standards of behaviour but is also extremely personable and approachable
- Can respond to, embrace and lead change
If this post sounds like you then we would be delighted to meet you and would welcome your application. If you would like to have a tour and visit the school, prior to making an application, then please contact Mrs Veronica Croft, PA to the CEO on 01952 387010. Further information can be found on www.ercallwood.co.uk and www.learningcom- munitytrust.org.uk
Please complete our application form and the written information requested.
Closing date for applications – 12 noon on Monday 10th February 2020
Interview dates – Tuesday 25th/ Wednesday 26th February 2020