St Alban’s is a mixed 11 - 18 Voluntary Aided Catholic School in North Torfaen. We are a Catholic community which strives to uphold strong spiritual and moral values so that our pupils can be the best they can be. Estyn stated in December 2015 that we have been successful in securing strong outcomes for our pupils and that they have a strong sense of community and show a high level of respect, care and concern for others.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a Headteacher who:
• is a practicing Catholic;
• has a proven track record of implementing change;
• is a strong and inspirational leader, with a ‘can-do’ attitude, who has a strategic and innovative vision for the future of the school;
• is committed to raising standards in teaching and learning, within a constant, caring and accountable ethos;
• is committed to developing wider partnerships.
St Alban’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All employees are required to have an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Prospective candidates are most welcome to visit the school. To arrange a visit please contact Mrs Louise Penny on 01495 765800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you may wish to call Father David Hayman, Chair of the Governing Body, for an informal chat about the role on 07793 503260.
Applicants are asked to download the Application Pack from this advert or to visit the school website www.stalbans-pontypool.org.uk.
Application forms should be downloaded from the Catholic Education Service website www.catholiceducation.org.uk
Closing date for applications: Noon on Friday 12th May 2017
Shortlisting: Wednesday 17th May 2017
Interviews: Thursday 25th and Friday 26th May 2017