NOR – 582 + 52 p/t nursery places
Arnhem Wharf is a vibrant, creative and ambitious school located in the heart of London’s Docklands in the borough of Tower Hamlets. Our diverse school community brings an extraordinary depth and variety of ideas, experiences and perspectives. Ours is a truly inclusive school and it is this that makes our school so special and loved by the people who work and learn here. Everyone’s talents are recognised and everyone’s achievements are celebrated.
We are a UNICEF Rights Respecting School with a challenging, creative and inspiring curriculum. We believe strongly in the power of the arts to help children express themselves as well as to support the achievement of high standards.
Our new Headteacher will be passionate about achieving the best possible outcomes for all our children. They will care about the whole school community and will value our staff and the contribution they make. They will be welcoming, genuinely friendly and visible to parents. Our Headteacher will enjoy celebrating success, in all its forms, and expect our children to leave Arnhem Wharf with a love of learning and well prepared to realise their potential in the next stage of their education.
Their style of leadership will be calm, considered and inclusive, and they will use distributed leadership to facilitate decision making and manage change. They will be expected to lead on collaboration with other schools, the Local Authority and other organisations for the benefit of our pupils and their families. They will deliver strategies designed to help all our children to become resilient and determined learners who are curious, thoughtful and creative. They will need to be courageous and just; respecting that all human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
Arnhem Wharf offers:
- an exciting and creative environment which celebrates the diverse and inclusive nature of our community;
- curious, thoughtful and enthusiastic children who enjoy learning and developing their ideas and beliefs;
- strong and supportive senior leadership;
- a talented, knowledgeable and committed staff team;
- involved families who support the school and their children’s education;
- a school that believes in the power of the arts and extra-curricular provision to expand the horizons of its young learners;
- an engaged governing body, who positively support and challenge the school;
- high standards of learning and teaching;
- a commitment to learning through play in the EYFS;
- strong links with other local schools and the Local Authority.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on 14th May 2021
Please complete the attached application form and requested supporting statements and email them to email@example.com
Interview date: 26th and 27th May 2021 (Notified of attendance on 20th May 2021)
A visit is essential and can be booked by contacting Zoe
Hudson (School Business Leader) on 020 7515 4310 or by email at
If you have any questions or would like to have an informal chat about the process
with our adviser, please call Andrew Best on 07917 080201. Alternatively,
e-mail the Chair of Governors, Kenny Frederick on
We are committed to ensuring equality and diversity is central to the operation of our school through the staff we employ and the provision that we make.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Arnhem Wharf Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years