Group 4 school - NOR - 588 (rising to accommodate Harry Roberts Nursery and the SEMH provision)
Ben Jonson is a welcoming, ambitious and inclusive three-form entry community primary school for children between the ages of four and eleven. The school’s greatest asset is our children, who are happy, curious, hardworking and motivated to do their best. They are eager to learn and make the most of opportunities to participate in a range of trips, projects and extra-curricular activities. Their parents and carers take every opportunity to support and engage with the school in their child’s learning.
Our curriculum is well-resourced and enhanced by specialist teaching for music, art, dance, computing and design and technology. Our school is a beautiful, spacious and modern building that allows us to provide a rich and stimulating environment where learning flourishes. Our commitment to the arts is palpable as you walk around the building.
Could you be the person to lead the school in our two new ventures?
We share a site with Harry Roberts Nursery School. The governing bodies from both schools have embarked upon the process to consider a future as one school. We all believe this will benefit the children’s education because it makes the most of the expertise of the staff across the nursery and primary age range.
In addition, Tower Hamlets Local Authority have selected Ben Jonson to be the home for an integrated 24 place primary Social, Emotional, Mental Health (SEMH) resource provision in partnership with Bowden House from 1 September 2021. This is an exciting development for the school and will serve a very specific need in the borough. It will build on the skills and expertise we have developed within the school to support the universal and targeted SEMH needs of our children. To accommodate this additional provision, there will be a need for some changes to the current building arrangements.
Ben Jonson offers:
- wonderful children who are confident, happy and eager to learn
- an inclusive and friendly ethos underpinned by values of achieving the best for each child, high quality care and positive relationships
- a team of dynamic and dedicated staff, who respond well to positive, distributive leadership and who are keen to maintain a culture of continuous improvement
- high standards of learning and teaching
- a commitment to the creative arts and physical education
- a strong and supportive governing body and Local Authority
We are looking to appoint an inspirational leader with a strong and proven commitment to inclusion to build on the strengths of the school. This leader will bring together the new and exciting opportunities presented by the proposed joining with Harry Roberts and the new integrated SEMH resource provision, whilst maintaining excellence. They will make sure that we continue to achieve the best outcomes for every child going forward, in partnership with all our community and in collaboration with other schools in our alliance. We are seeking an outward looking leader who will continue to promote innovation and a progressive approach to learning and teaching.
Our new Headteacher will:
- be values-led and passionate about children’s learning, keen to see every child inspired to succeed
- have vision, commitment and high expectation, leading by example
- be effective in motivating and managing staff through high support and high challenge and able to build lasting relationships with all our stakeholders
- enjoy shaping and delivering a broad, balanced, innovative and creative curriculum
- have the skills to make logical and well-reasoned decisions in the best interests of the school and its community
In short, our school is looking for a dynamic, personable leader to continue this community school's exciting journey as it evolves and develops. We look forward to meeting you!
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Monday 24 May 2021
Interview date: Thursday 10 and Friday 11 June 2021
(Candidates will be notified of attendance by Friday 4 June 2021)
Please visit the school website to obtain a copy of the application form: https://www.benjonson.towerhamlets.sch.uk/vacancies
Email your completed application form to email@example.com
A visit to the school is essential and can be booked by contacting Asma Mushtaq on 0207 790 4110 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to ensuring equality and diversity is central to the operation of our school through the staff we employ and the provision that we make. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Ben Jonson Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 11 years