Manchester Diocese, Borough of Trafford, Greater Manchester
St Hilda’s Church of England (VA) Primary School
Warwick Road South, Firswood,
Manchester, M16 0SH
Salary: Group 3 (L18–24)
Wonderful Church School seeks exceptional leader
Are you our next Headteacher?
The Governing Board of St Hilda’s C of E Primary School Firswood are seeking to appoint a Headteacher who will be an excellent professional and spiritual leader for the school.
· You must love our rich mix of children and ensure they have a truly great education;
· Your standards and values must inspire achievement and the love of learning;
· Your enthusiasm for the school’s Christian ethos must be infectious;
· You must be excited by our setting and diverse intake.
Key to this, you will want to:
· Sustain the superb behaviour and family feel to the school;
· Build on very good educational practice through the school to advance results;
· Manage well and calmly under pressure;
· Have excellent judgement involving others and uniting them around this;
· Ensure outstanding school communication, including modern media;
· Continue to shape and enhance exciting Christian vision for the school.
Our recently retired Headteacher leaves St Hilda’s in a very good position with so much that is excellent, while wanting to advance further. Internally, results are strong, with known key focuses for further improvement.
We have very capable, enthusiastic and committed staff, looking forward to the new appointment enthusiastically and eager to continue their development. The building and grounds have had some very good developments completed in recent years, and will continue to need skilled management in this time of tightening budgets.
Start date: 1 September 2018
NOR: 310 + 26 FTE nursery
Closing date: 12.00, 27 February 2018
Interviews:Tuesday 13 March and Wednesday 14 March
We welcome school visits by arrangement with the Chair of Governors through the school office on 0161 881 5466 or by email: GBchair@sthildascep.co.uk
St Hilda’s CofE Primary School, Firswood is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
A Christian School: One family, learning with love, excelling through faith