Virgo Fidelis Convent Senior School for Girls is a single sex (with mixed Sixth Form) Roman Catholic secondary school, serving pupils from the age of 11-18. The secondary school, situated in Upper Norwood has approximately 675 pupils on record.
At Virgo Fidelis we seek to enable everyone to develop their potential and a love for learning within a caring, challenging Christian environment. We aspire to be a centre of excellence, working together to develop each member’s full potential. Virgo Fidelis expects the whole school community to work hard and care for others. Fidelis educators aim to encourage each student, by praising what is well done, and to offer a caring environment which promotes achievement, personal and academic, fulfilment, self-esteem and a sense of personal responsibility.
Following the retirement of the previous Headteacher, we are seeking a Headteacher who:
- has a strong Catholic faith who will uphold and sustain the spiritual and caring ethos of our school according to the educational spirit of the Congregation Our Lady of Fidelity.
- will use their leadership skills creatively, and with passion and dedication, in cooperation with the SLT, to ensure the continued growth and development of pupils, parents and staff within our school community;
- has the enthusiasm, drive, ability and resilience to continue the work to raise aspirations, standards and achievements for all the students;
- can take the school OFSTED rating forward from ‘good’ to ‘outstanding’;
- will communicate effectively with parents, Governors, the Diocese, the Congregation and the wider local community;
- An established and caring school, welcoming students of all faiths, abilities and varied needs
- A school with a long and rich history belonging to an international group of schools
- An educational and pastoral environment to develop the pupils’ abilities and to maximise their potential
- Enthusiastic, smart and motivated students
- Dedicated, caring and supportive staff, seeking “to give them the desire to do well” (Mother Foundress)
- To seek continual improvement in teaching and learning
- A school at the heart of the local community
- Motivated Governors who provide challenge and support.
Closing date: Sunday 21 January at Midnight
Shortlisting: Wednesday 24 January
Interviews: Wednesday 31 January & Thursday 1 February
We request, in the first instance, that you contact Liam Dowds, our Emmaus Advising Consultant, on 01737 652 043 or email him at email@example.com for an informal chat, in complete confidence.
Visits to the school are encouraged - please contact Liam Dowds to arrange.
We very much look forward to welcoming you.
WE BELIEVE IN CHURCH SCHOOLS
Virgo Fidelis is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.