The governors are seeking to appoint a suitable candidate to the post of headteacher at this outstanding Group 3 school, commencing January 2020. The vacancy arises following the retirement of the current headteacher. The starting salary will be within the appropriate range and is negotiable, depending on experience. The reputation of the school is founded on the values of respect, opportunity, partnership and high achievement. Leaders, governors and staff have created a secure home for high quality education that promotes exciting and rich learning experiences built around the needs of a diverse local community. The governors are looking for a leader who will continue to grow the school, inspire the team, and constantly aspire to the very highest quality of education for all the children.
The ideal candidate will be:
- a highly effective teacher and manager able to lead by example and model best practice in all aspects of their work
- an experienced, proven leader capable of working effectively with the existing senior leadership team
- an excellent communicator who is approachable to all stakeholders
- able to build upon the strong relationships within the whole school community
- capable of both sustaining and extending the current outstanding quality of education by ensuring the school’s stability and educational strengths whilst continually fostering innovation and creativity.
- a positive, non-discriminatory ethos
- positive and engaged pupils who are happy and eager to learn
- an outstanding and creative curriculum
- a strong ethos of ongoing professional learning
- an enthusiastic and professional team where everyone leads and is committed to further developing outstanding practice
- staff who provide exceptional levels of care, guidance and support
- a supportive and involved governing body with a determination for excellence
- the opportunity to make a difference.
Governors welcome applications from leaders looking for a new challenge. We offer you the support of a loyal team who are dedicated to continuous improvement.
Pay scale: L18 – L24
£62,426 - £72,306
A Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded on our website: www.whitehall-i.walsall.sch.uk
Should you wish to apply for this vacancy, please contact Mrs Emma Lavender, School Business Manager by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01922 721991 for an information pack and application form. Please return the completed application form with a letter of application outlining how you meet the essential criteria of the person specification for the role by email to Mrs Emma Lavender, or by post (marked confidential).
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and warmly welcomed prior to application. To arrange a visit or for further information please contact Mrs Emma Lavender using the same details as above.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Friday 4th October
Interviews: Week beginning 14th October
Whitehall Nursery and Infant School is fully committed to the safeguarding of all children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced disclosure and records check.