Chapel End Junior Academy, Walthamstow, London
Do you want to have an enduring impact on children’s education?
Are you looking for a challenge?
Would you like to be part of something exciting?
This isn’t just a Headteacher job. This is the opportunity to be part of something amazing, to improve the life chances of children and to accelerate your career at a phenomenal rate.
REAch2 is looking for a passionate and inspiring leader who is self-motivated and keen to be involved in something special.
Based in Walthamstow, Chapel End Junior Academy is a caring and aspirational community. We believe that every adult and child in the school are precious - equally valued no matter what race, sex, creed, religion, social background, physical or intellectual achievement.
We believe our school is special - a happy and safe environment in which our children can grow and develop into confident and successful young people.
At Chapel End, we will always strive for the highest expectations in teaching and learning and provide all our pupils with the skills for their future lives by developing their social, emotional well-being as well as their academic achievement and progress.
Our dedicated staff are knowledgeable about how children learn best and our teachers tailor their lessons accordingly to encourage the highest standards of learning for all our children.
We are delighted to be part of the REAch2 Academy Trust. A primary charitable trust, REAch2 (Raising Educational Achievement for Children). The Trust aspires to create a family of primary academies that have strong reputations for delivering outstanding education for all pupils.
Founded in 2012, REAch2 Academy Trust is the largest primary-only academy trust in the country. It is a growing charitable organisation supporting primary academies across England.
The Cornerstone of REAch2 is a solid, unshakeable foundation, defined by exceptional teaching experiences and shared Touchstone values of learning, leadership, enjoyment, inclusion, inspiration, responsibility and integrity.
These values are at the very core of the Trust, firmly embedded in all of our academies and embraced by our leaders, teachers, staff, parents and children alike.
Strong family values are a key component of the REAch2 vision. We believe that REAch2 is a family: connected by a common desire to learn from each other, share experiences and be mutually supportive across the entire academy community. Every school and every individual is included in this vision. We actively encourage collaboration – and work as a team to create and deliver the best possible educational experiences for every pupil within the REAch2 Trust.
We can offer:
• An exciting challenge where you can truly make your mark
• The benefits of being part of the forward thinking REAch2 Academy Trust - one of the most successful primary Trusts in the country
• A collaborative programme, the first for any MAT in the country, to introduce Visible Learning into our schools: Click here for video from Prof John Hattie
• A wide range of professional development opportunities and the opportunity to work with some of the best educational professionals in the country
You will need to be a strategic leader who:
• Is a dynamic, motivational leader with a proven success record of improving teaching and learning
• Leads by example and has a track record of raising standards and levels of achievement
• Is able to inspire and motivate staff
• Is an excellent, engaging communicator who will develop strong relationships with children, parents and the wider community
REAch2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is essential for this role.
For an informal chat, please contact Dominic Hughes, Deputy Regional Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 16th July 2018: 12:00pm noon
Interviews: Due to the summer break interviews will take place on 12th & 13th September 2018.
Candidates will be notified in July if they have successfully been shortlisted for interview
Please complete the application form by following the link below: