Children & Families
Learning & Early Support
Kirkgate Buildings, Byram Street, Huddersfield, HD1 1BY
This job is temporary for up to 12 months due to specific funding.
The Headteacher Support Service is valued greatly by for Kirklees Headteachers. We are looking for a highly motivated applicant who is forward thinking, dynamic and who will work in partnership with colleagues to develop this service further.
This post would be ideally suited to a retired / ex-Head Teacher who has recent experience of headship.
The post will require the successful candidate to:
- Deliver an integrated, high quality, responsive support service;
- Be proactive in developing and enhancing the service;
- Seek innovative ways of driving improvements and developing positive relationships with Kirklees Headteachers.
Applicants need to be able to evidence:
- Substantial previous experience in the role of Headteacher;
- Have a proven track record of leadership and management;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage time flexibly to meet the requirements of the post.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be forward looking, energetic and visionary with high level organisational skills;
- Have excellent communication skills and demonstrate openness and honesty;
- Be highly skilled in managing personal interactions;
- Be resilient under pressure;
- Be an excellent team player who enjoys working collaboratively, setting high standards for all;
- Adhere to council policies and procedures;
- Have their own car and be able to drive to a range of schools and council buildings across the LA.
For more information and to apply for this job please go to https://jobs.kirklees.gov.uk/school-improvement-children-and-families-headteacher-wellbeing-officer/20568.job.
Closing date: Midday – Friday 17th November 2017