The governors of St Wilfrid’s wish to appoint a dynamic, inspirational and effective school leader to take this popular church school forward in the next phase of its development.
The successful applicant will take up post from April 2018 onwards.
The governors are looking for a Headteacher who:
- will be able to set a clear vision for the future of the school and work with stakeholders to deliver this vision
- is a respected and effective leader, able to inspire and motivate staff and children
- understands, promotes and develops excellent teaching and learning so that children receive a balanced education and achieve their potential
- is committed to sustaining and developing the strong Anglican ethos and practice of the school and firmly embedding Christian values in the life of the school
- will be able to work in partnership with the local Anglican churches and clergy, and other churches in the town
- demonstrates a clear understanding of the specific challenges of leading and managing a large church primary against the background of a changing educational landscape in the town
- encourages collaboration and welcomes challenge, and will work with children, staff, parents, governors, the local authority and the diocese in the further development of the school
- recognises the importance of good community links, and will maintain the mutually beneficial partnerships with other schools.
St Wilfrid’s is able to offer:
a popular church school with beautiful grounds in the Mid Sussex area on the edge of the South Downs
children who enjoy being at school, behave well and have excellent attitudes to learning
dedicated and committed staff who work hard and enable children to learn
a strong and distinctive Christian school with an Anglican ethos based on a clear vision and values that are embraced and respected by children, staff, governors and parents
excellent links with other schools in the locality which benefit children and staff
a strong and capable governing body who work effectively in partnership with school professionals in a culture of continuous school improvement
supportive parents who value the school and who raise funds for the school through the Friends of St Wilfrid’s
an exciting opportunity for a senior teacher with proven leadership experience who will lead the school to good and beyond.
The best way to appreciate the distinctiveness of St Wilfrid’s is to visit and see the school in action. Visits are positively encouraged and can be arranged by contacting the school office on 01444 413707 / firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on 27 November 2017.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 7 and Friday 8 December 2017.
A completed application form and supporting letter (specific requirements are in the Headteacher Application Pack) should be submitted to: Schools Recruitment Team, Job Reference No: 16334 West Sussex Capita Partnership, Ground Floor, The Grange, CHICHESTER PO19 1RG or via email: HRSchoolAdverts@westsussex.gov.uk
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references.