Bishop Luffa is a well known “outstanding” (Ofsted 2008, SIAMS 2015) 11–18 Church of England comprehensive Teaching School with Academy status based in Chichester, West Sussex. We have over 1440 pupils including 275 Sixth Form students.
With the shared involvement of every individual, we aspire to be a confident, outward-looking Christian community in which every member:
- enjoys creative, dynamic and reflective learning
- is supported, challenged and equipped for the future
- values and takes responsibility for themselves and others
- relies on and builds supportive and lasting relationships
Our teachers are outward-looking and enthusiastic to look for creative opportunities to enhance pupils’ and students' learning; they take advantage of working with other schools in our Teaching School role. Our vision is excellence in all aspects of school life and we measure success in terms of progress as well as attainment.
The Board of Directors is seeking a visionary leader to work creatively and collaboratively with all stakeholders to make a positive impact on the lives and experiences of pupils, students, staff, parents and carers and the wider community. This leader will build on the inspirational work achieved so far and take the school to even greater heights. This is an excellent opportunity to build on solid foundations of strong values and aspirations and of high achievement.
The Board will appoint:
- A committed Christian, who is an active member of a church belonging to Churches Together in Britain and Ireland or the Evangelical Alliance.
- A proven leader able to motivate, inspire, support and develop the talents of pupils, students and staff in a vibrant and progressive environment.
- A visionary to chart a route that delivers academic excellence while providing pupils and students with innovative opportunities to realise their aspirations and achieve their full potential.
- A people person, committed to partnerships, with proven achievements delivered through consultation and collaboration.
Key opportunities ahead to
- Shape the local educational landscape to benefit the children in our community.
- Develop and enhance the Christian ethos at the heart of the school.
- Explore opportunities to extend the school’s influence through the Teaching School Alliance and possible MAT status.
- Promote a distinctive Sixth Form that attracts academic students from a wide area.
School tour: Welcomed and encouraged by appointment
Closing date: Monday 5th February at 9.00am
Shortlisting: Wednesday 7th February
Interviews: Thursday 22nd and Friday 23rd February
To request an application pack or book a school tour please contact Emma Fletcher at Hays Leadership on 01273 721579 or email email@example.com
To discuss the role in more detail, please call Dion Mills on 01273 721579 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bishop Luffa School is committed to equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful candidate.