We are a small independent SEN School situated in the coastal town of Worthing. We provide education for around thirty children from the wider local area, aged 5-16. These pupils often have emotional and/or behavioural challenges and complex needs. To meet their needs, we have developed a strong and resilient staff team that provide the education and support these pupils need. Due to our Headteacher relocating we are looking for an exceptional educational practioner with the ability and ambition to lead and continue to develop the team and the service we provide.
The role will require you to work closely with the governing board, which is proactive and very supportive. We would require that the headteacher will support, guide and take responsibility for the continued development of the teaching staff and the support team. They will be required to work with human resources to ensure that any recruitment is both robust in terms of safeguarding and provides the school with the range of talent and skills to deliver an outstanding educational experience for our pupils.
The head will also need to continue to build on our excellent reputation with the West Sussex Educational Team. This may require attending meetings and hosting quality assurance visits. Generally maintaining the rapport that has been established with the host authority.
The proprietors and board of Governors of the school are supportive and hard working. You would be required to work with the board to ensure all educational standards are met and that there is a strong focus on delivering a high quality of education and a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum. You will be supported in your role by the Deputy Head, School Secretary and a part-time Personal Assistant.
If you are highly motivated and forward thinking with proven experience of impacting upon whole school development and improvement this could be an excellent opportunity for you.
You will need to be someone who will:
- Be conversant with the ‘The Education (Independent School Standards) Regulations 2014’ and have the ability to ensure these standards are met and monitored
- Promote our aims and vision and have consistently high expectations
- Be an outstanding, inclusive teacher who keeps our children at the heart of all that is done in school
- Assist in raising the quality of teaching and learning across the school and be able to plan strategically
- Be committed to working together in partnership with all those involved in the life of the school
- Be committed to keeping all children safe in school
- Have experience of working as a teacher in a BESD environment along with managerial experience.
- Fulfill the managerial requirements of all relevant legislation.
We can offer:
- An opportunity to extend leadership & management skills alongside the experienced Deputy Head Teacher and Senior Leadership Team
- A committed and motivated staff team
- The potential to develop our service including the opportunity to establish a new school.
Seadown School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full DBS check before appointment is confirmed