A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an inspirational and committed individual to lead Lancaster School & to build on the achievements of the current Head who is about to retire. Lancaster School is a 14 – 19 SLD & PMLD special school which became part of a co-operative multi-academy trust (MAT) with three other special schools in Southend in September 2017. As such partnership working is key to the School’s success.
• Have the abilities to lead an improving special school and continue its journey from a Good OFSTED rating in June 2017 onwards to Outstanding
• Have strong leadership and management skills either as an existing Head or as someone looking for their first headship role
• Will develop a clear vision of excellence for the School within the MAT
• Can strategically manage change by building on the firm foundations laid by the current leadership team
• Are committed to providing outstanding pastoral care whilst promoting excellent attitudes to learning
Lancaster School can offer you:
• A vibrant, caring and welcoming school
• A lively, stimulating and rich learning environment
• A school where everyone is valued, secure and has a sense of belonging
• Respectful, creative, focussed and curious students who love learning
• A passionate and dedicated team of staff and Governors
• Supportive and creative parents/carers
• The opportunity to work strategically to develop your leadership skills, within the School and across the MAT.
To arrange a visit or if you have any questions, please contact Ms Natalie Cantle firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 01702 342543
Closing date for applications is 29th January 2018 Interviews: 5th February 2018
Lancaster School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks; references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.