Pupils on roll January 2018: 204
The children, staff and Interim Executive Board of Spinney Avenue Controlled Church of England Primary School are seeking to appoint an exceptional and inspirational Headteacher to lead the school on its continuing journey of improvement, building on the strong foundations now in place. We are seeking a dynamic and innovative leader, with successful experience of school improvement, and a commitment to promoting Christian values in all aspects of school life and work.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Is an ambitious and confident leader ready to meet the challenges and opportunities presented by a rapidly changing educational landscape
- Is passionate about teaching and learning and believes in developing the true potential for each of our children
- Recognises the values of a collaborative learning community
- Promotes an outward facing approach to work with other schools and organisations and embraces the IEB’s intention the school join a Multi Academy Trust in due course
- Can command credibility and respect through inspirational leadership, demonstrating self-confidence, enthusiasm, and integrity.
We can offer you:
- A welcoming, friendly, professionally engaged teaching and learning environment which actively engages with the “school led system”
- Well behaved and enthusiastic children
- A strong team of creative and dedicated teachers and professional support staff who work in close partnership with parents and carers
- A fully supportive and engaged IEB
An opportunity for an informal visit to the school is available on the afternoon of 18th or 19th January. Please contact Nicky Bebbington on 0151 541 2170 for further information and to make an appointment.
Visit our website: www.spinneyavenue.org.uk
Application forms and further details must be obtained from and returned electronically to: School Governance Team, Edsential, Whitby Hall Lodge, Whitby Park, Stanney Lane, Ellesmere Port, CH65 6QY or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone: 0151 541 2170 (Ext. 2002)
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Shortlisted candidates will be expected to complete a Disqualification Declaration.
The successful applicant's appointment will be subject to satisfactory pre -clearance including a Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 29th January 2018 (midday)
Shortlisting: 2ndh February 2018
Interviews: 8th & 9th February 2018