Due to the retirement of our much respected and successful Headteacher, the governing body is seeking to appoint an inspirational and dynamic professional to lead our high achieving school rated Outstanding by Ofsted (October 2014).
The successful applicant will have a proven track record as an exceptional practitioner and successful senior leader with the enthusiasm and commitment to lead a fully committed staff and continue the outstanding practice in our school.
You will be a leader who:
- has consistently high expectations for the achievement of all children regardless of their starting point;
- has the ability to develop and maintain high standards of teaching and learning;
- can manage, motivate and inspire pupils and staff;
- has the ability to build relationships with parents, other schools and the wider community;
- is able to effectively adapt to changing circumstances, maintain high levels of performance and lead further improvement.
In return you can expect:
- a unique and exciting professional opportunity to further develop a well-established, highly successful school that is ambitious for even more improvement;
- a committed board of governors who support, engage, and challenge and are dedicated to educational excellence;
- a staff who are innovative, creative and work tirelessly to ensure every child enjoys their time at school and is supported to succeed.
We welcome visits to school by interested candidates and appointments are available on Friday 9th February 2018 at 10.00 am and Monday 12th February 2018 at 1.30 pm. Please contact Suzanne Barnes, Business Manager on 01942 243675 to arrange an appointment.
An application pack including details of how to apply and an application form are available from the school website at www.woodfield.wigan.sch.uk
Closing date: Monday 26th February 2018 at 4.00 pm
Shortlisting: Thursday 8th March 2018
Interviews: Monday 19th March 2018
Woodfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is covered by the Protection of Children Act and is therefore subject to enhanced DBS clearance.