“Love Jesus, Love Learning, Love Life.”
The governors, staff and children of our friendly, successful and “Good “school (Ofsted Nov 2016) invite applications for the post of Headteacher. We are looking for someone who is inspirational, highly motivated, caring and a practising Catholic who will build upon our current strengths and further develop our wonderful school. The successful candidate should be someone who can identify new opportunities for the school, ensuring that learning remains enjoyable and enriching for all and is fully underpinned by the Catholic faith.
We are looking for a Headteacher who can provide the dynamic leadership to ensure the school remains at the forefront of achievement.
This special person will have:
- a love of and commitment to Catholic education, living out his/her faith and inspiring vision and hope through the Catholic ethos of the school;
- the ability to make learning exciting and memorable;
- the enthusiasm to be creative and forward thinking;
- a high level of interpersonal skills;
- a clear vision for continuous school improvement within the Wigan family of schools;
- high expectations and the ability to lead and inspire staff and pupils;
- the ability, knowledge and passion to maintain outstanding standards of teaching and learning with proven excellent leadership and management skills;
- the drive to put children first and continue to raise their achievements;
- the ability to further develop links with home, parish, local consortium, Archdiocese, Local Authority and wider community.
Our children would like (amongst lots of other things!):
- Someone who is welcoming, kind, joyful, caring, approachable and who really gets involved with them, both in and out of the classroom.
In return, we can offer:
- the opportunity to make a difference and take the school forward;
- a school community which has a strong catholic ethos where everyone is valued;
- a supportive, welcoming, approachable and caring environment;
- well behaved, happy and motivated pupils who are eager to learn;
- a friendly, hardworking and experienced team of colleagues dedicated to maintaining our high standards;
- a knowledgeable and supportive Governing Body with high expectations;
- strong and positive relationships with parents, the Parish, the wider community, a wide range of agencies and the Wigan family of schools;
- a strong commitment to your continuing professional and leadership development;
- a school that is highly regarded by the local community, the Archdiocese and the Local Authority.
Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to visit the school and would be warmly welcomed. Please telephone school to arrange a suitable time.
Application packs are available from Mrs Judith Bond: J.Bond@wigan.gov.uk.
Please return your completed application by email: J.Bond@wigan.gov.uk or post: Mrs Judith Bond, Governor Services, 2nd Floor Civic Centre, Millgate, Wigan WN1 1AZ.
Closing date: Midday on Monday, 8th May 2017.
Shortlisting: Thursday, 11th May 2017
Interview dates: Wednesday, 24th & Thursday, 25th May 2017
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Enhanced checks through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be required for this post.