Due to the retirement of our long-serving and highly regarded Headteacher, the Governors are seeking to appoint an experienced and inspirational leader who:
- is a practising Catholic, committed to the ethos and vision of Catholic education
- has the strategic vision, ambition and motivation to lead our fully extended school into the next stage of its development
- has high expectations of themselves, pupils, parents/carers and staff
- values every child within a fully inclusive school and is passionate in their belief that every child can, and should, achieve success
- is a strong collaborative leader who can challenge, inspire, lead and motivate staff, pupils and their families
- values the roles played by staff and governors in helping our school to be ‘the very best’ and is prepared to invest in their development
- is ready to lead us through our future improvement journey, building on successes of recent years
- has an understanding and empathy for the community the school serves
- has a sound understanding and knowledge of budgetary and financial issues pertinent to a fully extended school.
In return, we can offer:
- a happy, caring and encouraging environment for learning, underpinned by a strong Catholic ethos
- happy, confident and enthusiastic children who enjoy learning
- dedicated, supportive and hard-working staff who are fully committed to further raising standards in the classroom
- good opportunities for continuous professional development
- an involved, enthusiastic and challenging governing body
- supportive parents/carers, community and parish
- a strong inclusive community committed to the wellbeing of all children and adults.
Visits to the school are welcome; please contact Mrs Pat Campbell (Office Manager) 01942 222721.
To apply, please download an application form and return it to Judith Bond by email: J.Bond@Wigan.gov.uk or post: Mrs Judith Bond, Clerk to Governors, Governor Services, Wigan Council, 2nd Floor, Civic Centre, Millgate, Wigan WN1 1AZ.
Closing date: Sunday, 29th October 2017.
Shortlisting: Tuesday, 7th November 2017.
Interview dates: Tuesday, 21st & Wednesday, 22nd November 2017.
St Cuthbert’s Catholic Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, satisfactory references will be checked before interview.