Location: Westbury, Wiltshire
Salary Scale: L13 – L19 (£ 53,724 – £ 62,262). The leadership range is as set in the school’s current Pay Policy. This is being reviewed and is to increase from 1st September 2019.
Start Date: 1st September 2019
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity to join our happy and vibrant Primary school in beautiful West Wiltshire, on the edge of the Salisbury Plain and to lead it through an exciting and pivotal time as our new Headteacher.
We’re looking for someone who:
• Will continue to promote our values of teamwork, respect, determination, honesty, self-belief and passion so that every learner knows how to be part of a team (hands); every child is a good learner (head); and every child know they are valued (heart)
• has proven experience of prioritising and achieving school improvement, and can provide a relentless focus on the quality of teaching and learning
• can inspire and motivate children, and the whole school team, to achieve a vision and high expectations in all areas
• is passionate about children and their learning and has proven experience of rapidly accelerating pupils’ progress and supporting them to achieve their full potential
• is positive, resilient and committed to displaying and supporting our values and ethos as a school
Our Children want their Headteacher to:
• be “Fun and not really, really strict”
• be “Kind”, “Helpful”, “Happy” and “Fair”
• “Listen to us.”
• “Be proud of the children”
• “Do an excellent job for the school.”
You’ll want to join our school because:
• It is a welcoming, caring and inclusive community
• we have delightful children who are happy, engaged and motivated to learn and are supported by committed and involved parents
• we have dedicated staff and supportive Governor team who always go the extra mile
• we love offering a wide and interesting curriculum and opportunities for our children to experience a wide variety of sport, music, art and drama, technology and exciting school trips
• we have an extremely successful PTA who support us with buying additional resources to enrich and support learning across the school
• you’ll be able to rely on the invaluable support and partnership from our cluster of local Westbury Primary Schools and the Trowbridge Collaborative
• we will support your Professional Development so that you can do the very best for our school community
• you’ll be working in a modern and recently extended school building, surrounded by spacious grounds which we love to use to make our learning even more exciting and fun!
If you’d like to find out more about our school please visit our website www.bithambrook.co.uk and arrange to come and see our school on Tuesday 5 March or Wednesday 13 March. Please contact our Chair of Governors, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
Closing date: Monday 18 March 2019
Interview date: Thursday 28 March 2019