Location: Great Wishford
Are you a highly effective and aspirational leader?
The governors, staff and pupils of Great Wishford CE (Aided) Primary school are seeking to appoint a Headteacher for our warm, inclusive and friendly school.
We are a vibrant church primary school of 107 pupils set in the heart of the ancient village of Great Wishford, six miles from the medieval city of Salisbury, in the beautiful Wiltshire countryside. We are valued locally for our caring ethos and are seeking to strengthen academic standards whilst retaining our distinctive Christian identity. We strongly support collaborative practice, and have initiated the process of joining a thriving and growing local Multi-Academy Trust. This will enable us to increase our capacity and help us to become the best we can be. As part of that plan, we are anticipating a 0.4 teaching commitment for the successful applicant, effective from September 2018.
Founded in 1722, the school has expanded to include a spacious hall and refurbished library, and flexible accommodation for a range of learning needs. It enjoys dedicated outdoor spaces within beautiful rural grounds, access to woodland, and opportunities within the local area to engage in cultural activities. The independently managed Groveley Pre-School is located within the school grounds.
The governing body will appoint someone who:
- Is a forward looking leader and team player who leads by example and sets a good role model
- Has a passion for teaching and learning and a proven record of raising standards
- Is creative and resilient, and can demonstrate effective management skills
- Is innovative and enthusiastic and has the ability to grow and develop our committed staff
- Will embrace and grow the Christian ethos of the school to enable our children to thrive emotionally, socially and academically
- Has exceptional interpersonal skills and can enhance strong relationships with children, staff, parents, governors and others within the village and church community
- Values individual children and has high expectations for the achievement of every child and member of staff
We can offer you:
- A genuine commitment to your professional development and well-being
- A committed, cohesive and caring staff team
- A skilled and supportive governing body who work in partnership with the Head and staff
- Opportunity for a 0.4 teaching role within the school
- Support and collaboration with other professionals within the MAT and local cluster
- Enthusiastic children from a wide catchment area who are eager to learn and are proud of their school
Prospective candidates are warmly invited to visit the school. Please contact the School Business Manager to make an appointment or for an informal conversation about the role email@example.com or call 01722 790433
Closing date: 21st September 2017
Shortlisting: 27th September 2017
Interview date: 9th October 2017