Headteacher (with teaching commitment)
L6 – L12
The Diocese of St Albans Multi-Academy Trust has been established to provide for three different types of Church of England school within the Diocese of St Albans:
· Good or Outstanding church schools within the Diocese of St Albans
· Schools requiring rapid improvement having been placed in Special Measures and subject to a directive Academy Order
· New schools within new housing provision where the Diocese of St Albans is the identified sponsor
As a Church of England Multi-Academy Trust, our commitment to a locally-based education will be delivered through an approach consistent with the faith and practice of the Church of England. All academies in the Trust will be expected to deliver the curriculum within a programme of Christian values and virtues in an overarching ethos that sees each individual child as being of worth and having the capacity to grow into a fully rounded person.
The Trust is seeking to appoint a Headteacher at Kensworth Church of England Academy in the Bedfordshire village of Kensworth. This role is suitable for candidates who believe that they have the skills and knowledge to undertake the role but may be new to headship. The successful applicant will receive:
· bespoke support from the DSAMAT Primary Lead
· a designated Headteacher from within the Diocese family of schools to act as a “critical friend” and informal mentor
· a package of training designed to meet their individual development needs
· extensive networking opportunities with other Headteachers within DSAMAT
The ideal candidate will share the Christian values and ethos of the school, and will possess the passion and commitment necessary in order to provide high quality teaching, both in the lessons that they deliver and across the school. The Trust is looking to appoint an individual who understands and will be committed to enhancing pupils’ learning, and who will continue to build on progress made since the recent Ofsted Inspection.
· A committed, practising Christian with a clear vision and strong commitment to Christian education
· An inspirational leader with the knowledge and skills of leadership to raise standards and lead whole school improvement
· An experienced senior leader who has excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills and who will motivate and develop colleagues as teachers and leaders
· A commitment to working closely in partnership with parents, the local community and the parish
· An applicant who is able to perform the Headteacher role alongside reduced teaching duties
Kensworth Church of England Academy is a happy and vibrant school which aims to provide children with a thirst for knowledge, confidence and independence through excellent teaching and Christian ethos. The school provides a warm, caring environment where staff work in partnership with parents to provide a high quality education for every child.
· A strong Christian ethos and school community
· A welcoming, inclusive and safe environment
· Happy, enthusiastic and well behaved pupils
· Staff who are committed to high quality teaching and learning and who strive to ensure that all children achieve their best
· A committed, supportive and forward thinking Trust
Visits to the school in advance of applications are warmly welcome.
For an informal chat about the position, or to arrange a visit, please contact Sharon Reid, Office Manager & PA to Senior Leadership Team on 01525 840183 or by email email@example.com
To apply, please submit your completed application form with a covering letter (no more than two sides A4) addressed to David Morton, CEO of the Diocese of St Albans Multi-Academy Trust, c/o Sharon Reid at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Monday 19th February 2018 at 9.30am
Shortlisting: Tuesday 20th February 2018
Interviews: Friday 2nd March 2018
The Trust and its academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
CVs will not be accepted for any posts based in schools.