At Bushbury Hill Primary School, our vision is for every child to be the very best that they can be. If you would like to make a fundamental difference to the lives of our children, then we want to hear from you!
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, inspirational and talented Senior Leader who will relentlessly focus on providing the best possible education for our children and ensure that our children can be “the best they can be”!
You will have the drive, determination and energy to build on our successes and on our children’s achievements and work with our stakeholders to further develop our school.
We are a one form entry school and are fortunate to have a state of the art Passiv House school-build with extensive grounds, which provides a stimulating, ever evolving environment to meet the needs of all of our children.
Our children say they want our school to be ‘the best it can be’ and if you share our ethos we would love to hear from you.
We willl offer the successful candicate:
- the opportunity to develop professionally and personally
- a “Good“ School (October 2018)with ambition to become outstanding
- a committed Senior Leadership Team with high expectations of themselves, staff and children
- a dedicated, innovative and focused team of teachers, support staff who all share the same passion of ensuring that every child achieves their full potential and beyond
- polite, courteous and well behaved children who love to learn
- a Governing Board which provides key support and challenge-buildings and outdoor spaces which benefited from a multi-million pound redevelopmentin 2011
- a school that is well managed and in a stable financial position
- professional support from Local Authority and well-established school to school collaboration
We want a candidate who:
- will empower and inspire staff and children to be the best they can be
- is able to sustain and accelerate progress in raising standards of teaching and learning
- drives the development of a curriculum that both engages and challenges children
- strives for ambitious standards for all children with a range of challenges within a nurturingand inclusive environment
- will continue to develop and widen parental involvement
- is visible, approachable and has the resilience to meet the day to day challenges of headship
- has personal and professional integrity and is not afraid to challenge when appropriate in the best interests of our children
Why work in Wolverhampton:
- Wolverhampton is situated in the Black Country, an area of rich historical and cultural interest
- It is a welcoming City, is diverse, culturally rich and has many areas of attractive and affordable housing within commuting distance of more rural locales
- Wolverhampton offers a range of cultural and leisure options including theatre, art galleries, racecourse, historic houses, parks, real-ale pubs and restaurants
- Has high levels of investment and redevelopment across the City; see more information on this here
- There is a thriving local sports scene with cricket clubs and a premier league football club, martial arts groups, an indoor climbing centre, swimming facilities and gyms.
- The City is within easy reach of the beautiful Shropshire and Staffordshire countryside, the many attractions of the city of Birmingham and the popular Merry Hill Shopping Centre.
- Has excellent transport links, which includes a direct train route to London, making Wolverhampton a convenient base for travel both within and beyond the UK
- Excellent links to Wolverhampton University which boasts a 96.3% employability rate of its graduates
Visits to Bushbury Hill Primary are strongly encouraged and warmly welcomed and will be arranged on request.
To arrange a visit to the school or to apply for an application pack please call Sue Jacques on 01902 907581 for an application pack or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bushbury Hill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check along with other relevant employment checks. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 11 September 2019at 12 noon
INTERVIEWS: Monday 23 September and Tuesday 24 September 2019
*Relocation cost contribution allowance available subject to negotiation.*
Completed application forms are returnable to Sue Jacques at:
Midlands Technology Centre,
Wolverhampton WV10 6TA
...or by email: email@example.com