Required September 2018 - Headteacher Group 3 ISR L18-L24 - £59,857 to £69,330 (salary negotiable for outstanding candidate)
Due to the forthcoming retirement of Anna Cornhill, our current Head Teacher, Governors are looking to appoint an inspirational, versatile and innovative leader who will preserve the caring, supportive ethos of our school whilst moving it to further success.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- will be an inspirational leader, who will work with all staff, and value their contributions to the life of the school, to achieve the best outcomes for children
- will value our children and take pride in their achievements, inspiring them to be passionate learners and realise their full potential;
- will strive for excellent attendance, attainment and progress for all our pupils;
- has the skills and vision to further develop Scarcroft Primary School as an outstanding school;
- will actively promote the school’s strengths and ethos and build upon its role as a school for the whole community;
- will maintain and further develop the climate for exemplary pupil behaviour;
- will be committed to providing a safe, supportive school environment and have a passionate commitment to personal, social and cultural education.
We can offer:
- a happy, safe learning environment in which every child is nurtured to develop a love of learning;
- a supportive ethos built upon mutual respect, including support from other local head teachers in the Learning Trust for Excellence;
- a highly-motivated, dedicated staff and a committed, active and supportive Governing Board;
- very supportive parents and carers;
- a thriving school which supports the whole child through a rich range of extra-curricular activities;
- a commitment to supporting our children’s personal and emotional development.
We are forward thinking and require someone who can make an exciting and positive contribution to the life of this happy, effective and successful school.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We require the successful applicant to undertake an enhanced Criminal Record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service
Closing Date: Sunday 18th February 20018 at 12 midnight
Interviews: 8th/9th March 2018
Application packs are available from Scarcroft School website: www.scarcroft.york.sch.uk or South Bank Multi Academy Trust website: http://southbanktrust.co.uk
Please mark FAO T.Kuhn Confidential HT Application and return by email to email@example.com
We encourage potential applicants to visit the school prior to completing an application please telephone the school on 01904 653569 to arrange an appointment.
SCARCROFT PRIMARY SCHOOL, Moss Street, York, YO23 1BS
Tel: 01904 653569