Smart Teachers Australia is recruiting on behalf of a co-educational, non-denominational day and boarding school catering to year reception up to year 12. The college requires a Heath and Physical Education teacher to join a collaborative team of passionate staff. The school opened in 2001 and occupies a beautiful, spacious campus in North Queensland. The college is made up almost exclusively of an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student body of whom approximately 20% are boarders.
About the Role:
- Job Reference number #TES1703-158920SP
- Located in Australia
- HPE Teacher
- The ability to teach in a second subject area of either English, Science or Maths is preferred
- Commencing Term 2 (April)
- Fulltime, 12 month contract with the view to permanency
About the School:
- Professional growth opportunity
- Social and supportive staff
- Very good student behaviours
- Community and school spirit
- Ongoing professional development
About the Location:
Our school is located in tropical far north Queensland. This tourism hot spot has beautiful weather all year round, and offers one of the most picturesque backdrops in Australia.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria;
- Be eligible to teach in Australia (must have a visa)
- Possess the minimum relevant tertiary qualifications– Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
- Be registered, or have the ability to be registered with QCT
- Provide a minimum of three professional references, including most recent Head Teacher
The Benefits of Working with Smart:
We are a dedicated education recruitment agency that works closely with the independent and Catholic Schools across Australia sourcing talented teachers, leaders and support staff to fill a range of permanent and long term contract roles. We are a company of teachers who are passionate about facilitating the perfect match between school and candidate. We are honest, realistic, and above all we will not waste your time. To find out more about Smart please visit our website
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in Australia and meet all national safeguarding criteria. To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job Reference number #TES1703-158920SP
If you are an Australian/New Zealand citizen or have secured a visa for Australia, please include this information on your CV.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and conditions apply).
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Please note that your details will not be sent to any school without your consent nor any referees listed on your CV contacted without your permission.