Full time or Term Time plus 4 weeks
36 hours per week
Monday – Thursday: 8.30am – 4.45pm, Friday: 8.30am – 4.30pm, working across two sites.
Salary Point: 29 - 34 - £28,356 - £32,637pa (pro-rated if term time plus 4 weeks), depending on experience
The Avila Partnership is a partnership of two Catholic High Schools in South West London. The Partnership draws its educational excellence from the established outstanding level of education, provided by both schools.
We are looking to recruit a Health and Safety Officer with a thorough understanding of Health and Safety legislation and its application in a school environment to ensure that all members of staff comply, adopt and adhere to policies and practices developed to fulfil the health and safety obligations across both sites.
You will utilise your expertise to promote and manage a positive health and safety culture in line with each school’s ethos, mission, vision and school development objectives.
You will be:
• An effective communicator, able to develop open and constructive relationships with students, staff, parents and external organisations.
• Able to work flexibly across two schools.
• Able to source Health and Safety information, identify potential risks and implement appropriate control measures.
• Able to conduct Risk Assessments and produce associated documentation and reports for Senior Leadership Team and Governors.
• Able to introduce measure to control and mitigate risks.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a major contribution to the schools’ continued success.
Applications from non-Catholics are welcome. All staff are required to be supportive of the Ethos and both schools have Chaplaincy support to help the successful candidate in their role.
Applications to be received as soon as possible
Individual contact will be made with potential candidates confirming date of interview
Both schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.