Required for September 2021 a teacher to lead Health and Social Care with the possibility of also delivering L3 Childcare and Education to a suitable candidate.
We are seeking to appoint a highly talented and innovative, qualified teacher of Health and Social Care to join our Ferndown team. You will have a confident understanding of the curriculum and the ability to inspire excellent learning. Experience of teaching Health and Social Care at Key Stages 4 and 5 would be desirable, as well as the ability to contribute to the teaching of the NCFE Childcare and Education course. The Health and Social Care Department is passionate about inspiring students to explore the diverse roles in Health and Social Care and progress to Higher Education and careers in the sector.
What we offer:
• Great students who behave impeccably, you are allowed to teach.
• Tight, robust behaviour systems.
• Highly visible/supportive senior leaders who have your back.
• Centralised detentions, including homework detentions (you do not need to organise/run/chase at all).
• A feedback policy focused on whole class feedback – you do not need to mark exercise books – we do not have onerous/impossible marking policies.
• No formal graded lesson observations – just ongoing ‘no-stakes’ feedback, helping you to continuously develop – we believe that trusting our staff with autonomy helps to develop a strong staff culture.
• Centralised, shared units of work and resources.
• Excellent ongoing CPD, career development and promotion opportunities.
• Really well-kept site and a very pleasant location in beautiful Dorset.
Completed Application Forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require any further information, please contact Andrea Baxter on 01202 871243.
Ferndown Upper School is a great place to work and we look forward to receiving your application.
Closing date: midnight Sunday 18th April 2021
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check (formerly CRB) in line with the Governments safer recruitment guidelines.
Ferndown Upper School values the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Ferndown Upper School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 13 - 19 years