We are looking for a Health Officer to be the first point of contact in respect of administering first aid for both students and staff within the academy.
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether at Harris Academy Riverside, in one of our other 46 academies, or in our central team. Our aim is to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Federation.
- Performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (LGPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Bicycle Purchase and ICT loans
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning.
- To be responsible for the maintenance of the academy Automated External Defibrillator and the stock of medical supplies and student and spare medication
- To be responsible for the reporting and continual monitoring of all medical incidents and accidents in the academy and ensuring that remedial measures are put into place where necessary.
- To liaise with the Health & Safety Officer in respect of Health & Safety matters.
- To assist with intimate care where necessary
- To manage staff and student health care programmes to include vaccinations and healthcare checks.
- To be responsible for the administration of recording and reporting of medical issues using Medical Tracker.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Academy Riverside
Harris Academy Riverside is an oversubscribed, recently opened academy which will cater for years 7 and 8 in 2018/19. Run by the same experienced leaders as Harris Academy Chafford Hundred, the school's permanent site will be at the heart of the regeneration of Purfleet town centre. For the first two years, the school will have a self-contained area on the top floor of the newly built Harris Primary Academy Mayflower in Chafford Hundred.
Why work at Harris Academy Riverside?
- Be a founding teacher who influences the development of a new and ambitious ethos
- Influence the direction of your subject
- Develop leadership and whole academy experience as the academy grows year on year
- Teach well behaved, enthusiastic and well-motivated students in a new building with the latest resources
- Teach in a system which values your subject and which backs this up with innovative timetable design
- Enjoy an innovative working week
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Academy Riverside are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 01375 802060 or email email@example.com to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and making a difference. You can help us transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.