Upper school Opening for 2018 – 19
High school Chemistry and Middle School General Science
Alto International School, founded in 1988, is an International Baccalaureate (IB) 3 program school from preschool to high school, offering the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP) and the Diploma Programme (DP). Alto is located in Menlo Park, California, just 25miles south of San Francisco, and next to Palo Alto, home of Stanford University. Alto provides an international education in the heart of Silicon Valley with companies such as Facebook and Google just a few miles away.
Alto’s mission is to provide an outstanding international, multilingual education focused on inquiry-based learning with a goal to foster confident, creative and responsible learners, and global thinkers. Alto is accredited by the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
The Upper school is looking to hire a teacher with suitable experience and qualifications to teach high school level Chemistry and also either general science or mathematics in the middle school.
- Fluent English speaker
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Education, or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of two years full time teaching experience
Desired Abilities and Profile
- Experience in a multi-cultural / internationally diverse school environment
- Commitment to teamwork and collaborative planning
- Demonstrates a student centered, hands on and inquiry-based approach to learning
- Experience using a range of teaching strategies to differentiate learning
Experience with IB DP and/or MYP
- Focus on educating the whole child through academic, social and emotional support
- Able to embed the use of technology to enhance student learning
- Commitment to ongoing professional growth
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong advocate for the school, it’s programs and mission
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and open-minded
- Able to work with parents in a constructive manner
- Willingness to be flexible and take on new challenges
- Professional attitude and approach
In addition to classroom instruction, the teacher will be expected to participate in supervision duties, staff meetings, parent meetings and conferences, school events and information nights, workshops and training, and various co-curricular and extra-curricular activities that promote and enhance the school’s programs and reputation. The contractual hours are 8.00am to 3.00pm, Monday to Friday plus an additional 2.5 hours per week for meetings. You may be required at other school events which may occur outside these standard hours.
Applications and Questions
To learn more about working at Alto, please visit Alto’s website www.altoschool.org Please submit your application by clicking the "Apply Now Button".