ABA is the first and only school in Muscat, Oman offering three International Baccalaureate programmes, where the focus is on an academically challenging, global education. We are an international school for boys and girls aged 3 to 18 with over 75 nationalities represented. ABA is grounded in its mission to deliver an international education of the highest quality to enable students to be confident, responsible, caring, life-long learners.
We are a robust community-minded team at ABA with a big heart and a strong work ethic. We are looking for individuals who share in our passion for preparing outstanding citizens who will contribute to the world through leadership, a commitment to service, and an understanding that we are all responsible for our communities’ future. We are currently seeking exceptional candidates for the following opportunity:
HIGH SCHOOL LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE TEACHER (POSSIBLE HEAD OF DEPARTMENT)
ABA seeks a Language and Literature teacher of English with experience and current knowledge of the IB Diploma Programme (IBDP) plus IB Middle Years Programme (IBMYP) experience preferred.
Also, there is an opening for a Head of Department to lead the Language and Literature team and be a member of the High School Pedagogical team. Applications are welcome for just the teacher role or the teacher and Head of Department roles.
The candidate is expected to become involved in the school’s life, including after-school activities and student mentoring.
- Create the conditions for students to make progress and achieve success
- Develop and build on strong, positive relationships with each student and their family
- Assess student understanding and progress, and provide useful feedback
- Ensure that the written curriculum is reflective of the taught curriculum
- Collaborate with colleagues and other stakeholders to best support our students
- Role-model our school’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Understand and ensure school policies are reflected in practice.
The successful candidate will:
- Have proven experience as a qualified English Language and Literature teacher
- Have an understanding of both the MYP and DP programmes
- Have teaching experience within a DP school
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal, professional learning and growth
- Have the skills to teach in distance, blended and face to face contexts
ABA Oman International School offers a comprehensive total compensation package. This is a rare opportunity to work with a fantastic community of professionals that makes up our ABA Community. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments.
This position will remain open until filled. If this posting remains active on our website, we will continue to accept applications. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interested candidates should submit their application using the link provided on our website. Applications sent via other channels will not be accepted.
ABA Oman International School will only use and retain personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
ABA Oman International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Founded in 1987, ABA educates the next generation of leaders and innovators, inspiring them to make a positive impact on their wor...