35 Hours per Week Term time only (39 Weeks)
Fixed Term till December 2018 (Could Lead To Permanent for The Right Candidate)
If you’d like to work in a dynamic and caring school where your well-being and continuing professional development is of great importance, then Penwortham could be the school for you.
We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic and dedicated HLTA to join our great team as we rapidly move towards becoming an outstanding school.
The HLTA role we are offering is focussed on embedding positive learning experiences for our Disadvantaged children and the successful applicant will work closely alongside members of our SLT in the management, development and monitoring of this specialist area within the school. In this hugely rewarding role you will run academic interventions and enrichment sessions for our disadvantaged children. You will also, at times, be required to provide whole class cover, under the direction of the class teacher
Our children and school community are looking forward to appointing an experienced HLTA who will have:
- a degree and/or HLTA qualification
- the skills, patience and confidence to help key groups of children overcome their barriers to learning
- the ability to support children in whole school activities ie.playground duty, trips etc
- excellent numeracy, literacy and IT skills
- personal and professional qualities to be a positive role model and work enthusiastically and effectively as part of a team
- first class organisation, communication and interpersonal skills
- a sound understanding of the importance of lesson planning, target setting and learning objectives which contribute towards the progression in learning for all our pupils.
- the ability to demonstrate a commitment to the wellbeing and safeguarding of children.
Working hours are expected to be 8.30am – 4.00pm Monday-Friday and includes INSET Days. The ability to take part in extracurricular activities would be of interest to the school.
All staff within Penwortham are expected to contribute to the overall ethos, work and core values of the school. A willingness to participate in training and other learning activities as required is essential as well as a commitment to working in close partnership with all stakeholders.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please call Clair Varrow our Senior Admin Officer on the number below to book a visit.
For further information and to apply please download an application and details from the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
For further information or if you have any queries, kindly contact Diane Watkins on 020-8769 3949.
Completed application should be return to the school either by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org; by fax to: 020-8677 5354 or by post to: Penwortham Primary School, Penwortham Road, Streatham, London SW16 6RJ.
Closing Date: 18 June 2018 (at noon)
Interviews: 29 June 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
CV’s will not be accepted