OneSchool Global UK is part of the OneSchool Global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9,000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods such as Self-Directed Learning.
Our small and friendly team at our Northwich Campus are seeking an experienced Higher-Level Teaching Assistant to join the team on a full time, permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and highly motivated HLTA to provide support for SEND students across KS2-KS5.
Our schools offer achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to our students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education, pay meticulous attention to detail and who wish to maintain our environment to the highest standard. Our goal is to become a leading-edge school in every aspect.
• Be responsible for delivering interventions to children on the SEND register, more specifically those with Downs Syndrome
• To work towards pupils individualised targets set out within the EHCP, in liaison with the class teacher and Learning Support Facilitator (LSF)
• To assess the educational needs of children with complex needs
• Assess, manage and deliver learning support to SEND students using knowledge and specialist skills
• To act as a Key Worker for identified pupils, regularly liaising with parents and staff to ensure progress against Learning Plan targets
• To work closely with allocated pupils, understand how to motivate and encourage them to achieve and progress through the development of their Attributes, Skills and Knowledge (ASK)
• Encourage pupils to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage in all activities through support to their Attributes, Skills and Knowledge
• To build and maintain successful relationships with pupils, treat them consistently and be concerned for their development as learners, supporting them and responding to their individual needs
• Monitor and evaluate pupil responses to learning activities through a range of assessment and monitoring strategies
• Work within an established discipline policy to anticipate and manage behaviour constructively, promoting self-control and independence
• To be familiar with the school curriculum, the age-related expectations of pupils and main teaching methods for age ranges in which you are involved
The successful applicant will:
• Ideally be qualified (NVQ Level4/5 or equivalent) or have a good working knowledge in meeting Teaching Assistant standards
• Have experience and be confident with the preparation and delivery of teaching
• Be experienced delivering emotional literacy sessions
• Be experienced in delivering communication and interaction groups
• Be able to adapt to each child and their specific needs either on a 1:1 or small group basis
• Be able to use ICT effectively to support learning
• Have a full working knowledge of relevant policies/codes of practice/legislation
• Have an understanding of special education needs as defined in the SEN Code of Practice
• Be an enthusiastic and supportive individual who enjoys working with young people
• Respect the school’s ethos, aims and values
In return we offer:
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
• Excellent premises and well-equipped classrooms providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
• Supportive Trustees who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Dedicated and talented specialist staff who work together to continually build upon our high standards
• On-going CPD with support from our Teacher Training Academy - our innovative skills centre which is driving progress in learning and teaching throughout OneSchool Global UK
For more information about OneSchool Global UK or specific information relating to our Campus please visit http://www.oneschoolglobal.com or follow us on LinkedIn at OneSchool Global UK
For a visit or to have an informal discussion about the role, please call the campus directly on 01606 210320 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Closing Date for application forms: Friday 18th October 2019
Interviews will be held week commencing: WC 28th October 2019
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
OneSchool Global UK Northwich Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment