Are you an experienced teaching assistant/ HLTA looking for a new challenge?
Are you thinking about teaching as a future career?
We are currently looking for two experienced individuals with the relevant skills to join our highly committed team. These posts offer a real opportunity to make a difference to children’s lives. As well as supporting teaching and learning across the school, and covering classes, each role will have an exciting responsibility depending on the successful applicants’ skills and experience:
Role 1: Library and reading champion. In this HLTA role you will work closely with our English leader to develop our new school library and reading resources for classes across the school.
Role 2: Pastoral. In this HLTA role you will work closely with our Deputy Head for Inclusion to provide targeted support to improve attendance, punctuality, behaviour or links with families where these are considered barriers to a pupil’s learning.
Our school is in a lovely location in South Ruislip. We are a one-form entry school with a nursery and one bulge year group (currently Year 5).
These posts will be temporary for one academic year, with a view to being made permanent in July 2020.
You will already possess:
- Minimum Level 3 qualification or equivalent in a related area
- An understanding of the needs of children and their families.
- Relevant experience related to the role (please refer to the person specification)
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience of engaging constructively with a range of people with different social and cultural backgrounds.
- Experience of working effectively within a team.
We can offer:
- A happy, caring school ethos with values-based education at its core
- Well-behaved children who are eager to learn
- A supportive, friendly team
- A school at the heart of the local community
- A school recently graded as ‘Good’ by Ofsted (September 2016)
- Opportunities for your own professional development
Please clearly indicate in your application which role you are applying for.
Please ensure you write a supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the criteria in the Person Specification. It is an important part of the application process and will be used to shortlist candidates.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged so you can see our wonderful school for yourself before applying. Please contact the school office on 01895 462359 or email email@example.com to make arrangements.
Interview Date: Friday 21st June 2019
CVs will not be accepted