Harris Primary Academy Mayflower is a thriving, diverse and friendly three-form entry academy that launched in September 2014 and is funded through the free school programme. We serve the communities of Chafford Hundred and West Thurrock. We moved into our brand new building, capable of accommodating five forms of entry, in September 2016, and were rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted in 2017.
We wish to appoint a HLTA from September 2017. It will be an exciting time to join a flourishing team.
What we are looking for:
We welcome applications from experienced HLTAs who are able to:
- Complement teachers’ delivery of the national curriculum and contribute to the development of other support staff, pupils and school policies and strategies;
- Work collaboratively with teaching staff and assist teachers in the whole planning cycle and the management/preparation of resources;
- Supervise whole classes occasionally during the short term absences of teachers;
- Provide support for pupils, the teacher and the school in order to raise standards of achievement for all pupils, by utilising advanced levels of knowledge and skills when assisting with planning, monitoring, assessing and managing classes;
- Encourage pupils to become independent learners;
- Provide support for their welfare and support the inclusion of our pupils in all aspects of academy life.
- Be committed to on-going professional development;
- Contribute to the wider life at the academy;
- Be innovative, highly motivated and eager to take a lead.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
Why teach at Harris Primary Academy Mayflower?
- A strong and supportive team of colleagues, all working towards the shared belief that children thrive when they feel consistently happy and safe at school
- A commitment to excellence encapsulated in our vision statement: "Excellence, Every Child, Every Day"
- A new building providing an outstanding place to teach and learn
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
Click here to watch the Harris Primary Academy Mayflower video.
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower is part of the Harris Federation, a leading group of 41 primary and secondary academies. This enables us to offer you training and opportunities to support your career development. Each academy operates autonomously within the Federation but all Harris academies collaborate closely in sharing school improvement strategies and in supporting one another.
For more information or to arrange a visit to the academy, please contact the school on 020 3772 4588.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.