Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to join our successful supply team and to work in the South Tyneside area. This position is expected to start in September 2018 and continue on an on-going basis.
This is an average sized primary school, where the behaviour of pupils is outstanding. The pupils are extremely well behaved both in and out of class. The pupils are very happy and display really positive attitudes towards their learning.
The successful Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) will have excellent knowledge of working with children in Year 5 and Year 6 with sound understanding of the Literacy and Numeracy curriculum throughout these year groups, therefore the successful candidate will need experience of supporting in Key Stage Two (KS2) as well as covering PPA. In addition, experience of supporting children with SEND will be advantageous. This is a great opportunity to join the school and become part of its committed teaching team.
This position is to start in September 2018 and continue on an on-going basis. This position will be full time, working 08:30 – 16:00 Monday to Friday.
To be considered for the position of Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) you must:
- Have experience supporting children in Key Stage Two (KS2) ideally in Year 6
- Have experience supporting children with SEND
- Hold a Level 4 or above qualification in childcare
- Literacy and numeracy intervention experience essential
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team
- Have a passion for identifying children’s varying needs and adapting your approach to match
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to you seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of Vision for Supply Team you will benefit from:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
- Support throughout your placements
- Access to a dedicated Primary consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Unparalleled daily rates
- Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling qualifications
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a qualified Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All candidates will be required to complete our safeguarding checks and undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Apply today or for more information on this and other teaching opportunities across Vision for Education contact the Primary Education team, at the Newcastle branch.