Focus Learning Trust is part of OneSchool Global, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9,000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods.
Due to stable growth, our ‘Outstanding’ Focus School Linton Park Campus are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Higher Level Teaching Assistant to support SEND students across KS2 - KS5. You will support the learning in class and in small group settings within a Self-Directed Learning philosophy. You will complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for learning activities under an agreed system of supervision.
The post would suit a qualified HLTA who is experienced in supporting children with Downs Syndrome. It is also essential that the successful candidate be fluent in Makaton or sign-a-long.
N.B. Visits prior to application are warmly welcomed so you can come and see for yourself what makes Focus Learning Trust such a special and unique place to work
• To use specialist teaching skills to work with a child who has Downs Syndrome on a 1:1 and peer group basis to develop language, learning and social skills
• To use specialist teaching skills to work with other pupils with SEND
• To assess the educational needs of children with complex needs
• Assess, manage and deliver learning support to SEND students using knowledge and specialist skills
• To act as a Key Worker for identified pupils, regularly liaising with parents and staff to ensure progress against Learning Plan targets
• To work closely with allocated pupils, understanding how to motivate and encourage them to achieve and progress through the development of their Attributes, Skills and Knowledge (ASK)
• Encourage pupils to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage in all activities through support of their Attributes, Skills and Knowledge
• To build and maintain successful relationships with pupils, treat them consistently and be concerned for their development as learners, supporting them and responding to their individual needs
• Monitor and evaluate pupil responses to learning activities through a range of assessment and monitoring strategies
• Work within an established discipline policy to anticipate and manage behaviour constructively, promoting self-control and independence
• To be familiar with the school curriculum, the age related expectations of pupils and main teaching methods for age ranges in which you are involved
• Ideally be qualified (NVQ Level 4/5 or equivalent), or have a good working knowledge in meeting Teaching Assistant standards
• Have experience and be confident with the preparation and delivery of teaching
• Be experienced in the use of Makaton or sign-a-long.
• Be able to adapt to each child and their specific needs either on a 1-2-1 or small group basis
• Have a calm, soft and considerate approach when building rapport with each child
• Be able to use ICT effectively to support learning
• Have a full working knowledge of relevant policies/codes of practice/legislation
• Have an understanding of special education needs as defined in the SEN Code of Practice
• Be an enthusiastic and supportive individual who enjoys working with young people
• Respect the school’s ethos, aims and values
• An excellent working and learning environment with good resources
• Supportive Trustees who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Dedicated and talented staff who are keen to build on our high standards
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
• A competitive salary
• 100 hours of CPD, with up to 30 hours at our Teacher Academy - our brand-new skills centre which is driving progress in learning and teaching throughout Focus schools
For more information about Focus Learning Trust or specific information relating to our Campus please visit http://www.focus-school.com/ or follow us on LinkedIn at Focus Learning Trust
For an informal discussion or visit to the school please contact the School Business Manager, Mrs Debbie Gilbertson on 01622 740825, or email email@example.com for an application pack.
Closing Date for application forms: 12 noon Tuesday 23rd April 2019
Interviews will be held week commencing: 22nd April 2019
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Focus School Linton Park Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment